AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Info Seeker

Re: Week 1 - Care4YouToo Contest: What is one small change you want to make in your life?

Message 1 of 140 (1,372 Views)
Learn to laugh more, at life.
Info Seeker

I want to start drinkinf moew water.

Message 2 of 140 (1,387 Views)

AARPTeri wrote:

Welcome to week one of the Care4YouToo Fitness and Weight Loss Contest for the Caregiver.  This week’s focus is on making small changes.

Week 1:  What is one small change you want to make in your life?

Share the change you want to make by clicking on the reply button at the bottom of this post. 

To help the caregivers who join the challenge, twin fitness experts Kymberly Williams-Evans and Alexandra Williams will offer fitness tips, exercises, encouragement, and support as you progress through the Care4YouToo Contest. 

Replying to this post will officially enter you in the contest for a chance to win one (1)  weekly prize valued at approximately $125 (may be gift card) and one (1) grand prize gift card valued at $500 that’s coupled with 1,000 Points that can be used in the AARP Rewards for Goods Program. 

To be eligible for the weekly prize, you must post to the weekly contest question.  For example, to be eligible for week 1, you must post during the week of July 14 – 20, 2014.

See Official Rules and Terms of Service. Contest ends 08/24/14.

Not only can you win prizes, but also you will gain the biggest prize of all – a happier, healthier you.

The winner of Week 1 is delsur.

Conversationalist

Re: Week 1 - Care4YouToo Community Contest July 14- July 21

Message 3 of 140 (1,425 Views)

Thanks for the honor.

Info Seeker

Re: Week 1 - Care4YouToo Contest: What is one small change you want to make in your life?

Message 4 of 140 (1,430 Views)
The one small change I made in my life recently is that I stay out of people's drama. I will listen yet my only comment is I hear what you are saying.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 140 (1,440 Views)

Congratulations to you @delsur on your Week 1 win. Great goal that is achievable, specific, and measurable. How is your plan coming along? 

Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Community Manager

Re: Week 1 - Care4YouToo Contest Winner

Message 6 of 140 (1,453 Views)

And the winner of week 1 is... delsur.

Thank you for sharing the one small change you want to make in your life.

AARP Online Community Team
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 140 (1,486 Views)

KymberlyWE wrote:

Did you know that as few as 10 minutes outdoors improves mood, decreases stress, enhances mental clarity, and burns a few calories!  Ok, as long as the outdoors environment is a pleasant one, ideally in nature, but it can be a pretty residential area, or a retail street with interesting windows to look into, or a park. Nature is best though for full benefit.

Hi KymberlyWE, It certainly works for me, wether it's tending my flowerbeds, or watching the birds enjoy the water fountain.Every minute calms me and gives me a better outlook on life.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 140 (1,500 Views)

That small change is not really small... My husband has pancreatic cancer and I have epilepsy.  My seisures prevent me from driving an automobile.  Because of this, we have exhausted our family and friends.  I do so very much wish I could drive my husband to his chemo treatments and other doctor's appointments.  It is so hard to be totally dependent on other people, even to go to the grocery store.  If  I could drive, I really think I could cope with some of this better.  I continue to pray, not for patience, but for the situation to change for the better. Miracles happen every single day too.  Blessings.

Judy Barefoot Cameron

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 140 (1,502 Views)
I would like to stop dwelling on negatives things that prevent me from being happy, as my children try to tell me, "Mom, give it up! " or "Get over it!"
Info Seeker

Re: Week 1 - Care4YouToo Community Contest July 14- July 21

Message 10 of 140 (1,503 Views)

Thanks, today we went swimiing at my brother's. My daughter who has Down's syndrome was so happy to be in the water that she spoke a whole sentance and, tried to speak several times. She rarely talks any more. So, theis exercise was soemthing she loved and, was good for both of us. I was thrilled to hear her voice. It's been a long time.