Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Encephalitis

My mother has been in the hospital for the last 3 months due to encephalitis and was also just diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. The encephalitis is being caused by an autoimmune response that is rare. My step-father has been diagnosed with Lewy Body dementia and Parkinson's disease. My life as I knew it has come to an abrupt halt, as I now am the one responsible for their care. I am looking for online support to help me understand and manage this in a therapeutic manner. There are many historical family issues that are also at play. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @BridgetS720119

Kelly had some excellent suggestions....

& I just wanted to add that there are 263 Caregiving videos on

https://videos.aarp.org/search?q=Caregiving

If just one is helpful that would be great!

Take care!  ☮️~Allen  🌄

Honored Social Butterfly

Hello, Bridget. 

I've recently been researching the Alzheimer's Association, plus, getting involved with 'The Longest Day,' on June 21, 2023 (fundraising). I have found that there are several ways to find help on their website, which seem really helpful.

Here are some links you may be interested in: 

They have a 24/7 HELPLINE, as well: 1.800.272.3900.

I do hope someone here can guide you further, on a more personal level, and would also maybe share their own experiences with you. 🤗

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP