Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Care giver for grandparents

Hello, I am the primary care taker for my grandparents. I was out of work for three yes taking care of them. Went to work for a year and had to quit. I've been out of work for three months and just started a new job. But this is a problem because I have to take them to Dr appointments, cook, clean, and run their errands and do their bills. He can't see or hear well and she has dementia. Is there a way I can get paid to take care of them

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@tanishad262442 wrote:

Hello, I am the primary care taker for my grandparents. I was out of work for three yes taking care of them. Went to work for a year and had to quit. I've been out of work for three months and just started a new job. But this is a problem because I have to take them to Dr appointments, cook, clean, and run their errands and do their bills. He can't see or hear well and she has dementia. Is there a way I can get paid to take care of them

Hi Tanisha,

Some states allow family members to be paid for caregiving. The way to find out if yours is one of them is to put your grandparents' zip code into www.eldercare.gov and then call the agency that pops up.

You can also ask that agency if they could get meals on wheels and other services. 

Is there any way that other family members can help you with this? Take turns? Seems like you've sacrificed an awful lot for them. 

Please write back if you can... there's a lot of wisdom here, and i'm sure you have wisdom to offer as well!

I hope 2018 is a better year for you.

Jane

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP