Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Care Giving

I will be moving North Carolina to takeover the care of my mother from an older  sister who is an undiagnosed mentally ill person. I need to ask the court to grant me the guardian of my mother. I need help to hook that up.

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@mahasint620163 wrote:

I will be moving North Carolina to takeover the care of my mother from an older  sister who is an undiagnosed mentally ill person. I need to ask the court to grant me the guardian of my mother. I need help to hook that up.

I'm sorry you didn't get a reply. I must have missed this post back after christmas. you have a huge job ahead of you. does your older sister agree to give up the care of your mom? is your mom being abused or neglected by her? if she is being mistreated, i'd call the adult protective persons unit in the county of north carolina where your mom lives. that's a start. 

i'm not a lawyer and you do need one; an eldercare attorney. google one in your own area or in north carolina and make an appointment. that's another tack to take.

write more?

Jane

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP