How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: It's Over

Message 1 of 31 (113 Views)

d386481c wrote:
Today is a better day. Fresh snow and sunshine!

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much!

Sunshine can make such a difference!

Like LaDolceVita said, keep writing, as you have been. 

I hope you can take care of yourself all along, and not AFTER you've sorted out the estate. That is real work, and your needs are ongoing. Whatever and whomever help you feel connected to the world, to other people, to beauty and hope, is a good thing, a braided cord to connect you even when you feel like staying in and taking another nap.

yup, 32 days are not very many. 

we are with you.

jane

Conversationalist

Message 2 of 31 (118 Views)
Today is a better day. Fresh snow and sunshine!

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much!
Demetria Carter
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 31 (124 Views)

@d386481c  Keep us posted on how you are doing.

vita umbratilis
Conversationalist

Message 4 of 31 (146 Views)
I'm starting to realize that all of the pain she was in has now ended. She was a very spiritual woman and in the end she was blessed enough to make her own decision about her final chapter. She always said that she didn't want to leave me with that burden.

I promised her that I would take care of myself, but it is complicated. I will get to it after I finish the estate stuff. I am just having so much trouble keeping it together. But it's only been 32 days right?

Thanks for being here,
Demetria
Demetria Carter
Conversationalist

Message 5 of 31 (147 Views)
I think I will go to the book store today or tomorrow. It will get me away from the TV.

Thanks
Demetria Carter
Conversationalist

Message 6 of 31 (148 Views)
So far, life after care giving is like no life at all. I am afraid to go out. I feel guilty if I find a moment of peace so I sit in the house alone and do nothing. Without doing things for my Mom, I have nothing to do! I'm so sad if i think about her.
Demetria Carter
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 31 (163 Views)

Dear Demetria, 

i am sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. 

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 31 (292 Views)

d386481c wrote:
Thank you so much for the support and kind and helpful response. I will try to keep going and take care of myself. I'm going to call my shrink today and try to get a therapist. I haven't seen my old one in years.I don't know if I should call the old one. Financial problems but she was kind about them.. She isn't aware of these things in my life but she will understand how I got here. Any thoughts? I'm trying not to go into a depression hole, I have too much to take care of. Thanks for hanging in here with me. The people around me have no idea what this feels like.
Demetria

Hi Demetria. We are all so sorry to hear of her passing. Your mother is indeed at peace. I hope that the sadness you feel is something you can let wash over you like waves, but not drown you. It will (and has) slow you way way down, but that's okay. It is the only way, really. Grief has its own wisdom and it takes you as you are, has its way with you.  In between bouts, you can try to care for yourself, maybe take care of one piece of estate business (such hassle). 

What kind of insurance do you have? I work for county mental health services and we see EVERYBODY regardless of ability to pay. I saw a man for several months who'd lost his wife. It seemed to be worthwhile for him. 

Keep writing here, keep us up on how you are, we care and want to hear. With you in spirit,

Jane

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 31 (306 Views)

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Death of a parent is crushing not matter how difficult the circumstances leading up to it. I hope you are getting lots of rest and taking care of yourself the best you can.

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 31 (330 Views)
Thank you so much for the support and kind and helpful response. I will try to keep going and take care of myself. I'm going to call my shrink today and try to get a therapist. I haven't seen my old one in years.I don't know if I should call the old one. Financial problems but she was kind about them.. She isn't aware of these things in my life but she will understand how I got here. Any thoughts? I'm trying not to go into a depression hole, I have too much to take care of. Thanks for hanging in here with me. The people around me have no idea what this feels like.
Demetria
Demetria Carter