Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP -- Want a Quick Important Win? Fix the National 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Website

Periodic Contributor

AARP -- Want a Quick Important Win? Fix the National 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Website

Dear AARP Family Caregiver advocates. Here's something that you could probably change quickly that would make a huge difference in people's lives. Get the National 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline to recognize Family Caregivers as a unique group on their website.

As you can see in the graphic below, they call out the availability of unique sets of resources for many groups that often deal with mental health issues. Still, as far as I can tell using search, there is not one mention of Family Caregivers as an at-risk community -- and clearly, we (and our loved ones) are. Importantly, caregivers need a lot of help identifying and reaching the unique resources that are available to support them

Having the Lifeline recognize this will make it more comfortable for caregivers to seek help -- especially during the holiday season when depression and suicide/homicide risks are highest -- here is a blog post I published recently about this issue.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 112721.png

I happy to help to make this happen. I have already reached out to the Lifeline via their Contact Us but I haven't received a response. I suspect a call from AARP would get their attention. Thank you for your serious consideration of this request.

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @LarryP1027 for your thoughts!

We have reached out to our caregiving leads to inquire about this potential opportunity. 

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @LarryP1027 for your thoughts!

We have reached out to our caregiving leads to inquire about this potential opportunity. 

Periodic Contributor

Does anyone from AARP participate/respond in these community chats?

0 Kudos

I guess not, Larry.  It's a great recommendation though!  

Periodic Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP