- AARP Online Community
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Invest, Diversify, Integrate Your Financial Life
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Solo Travel
- Reveal Your Travel Secrets Sweepstakes
- Home & Family Forums
- Dogs, Cats and Pets
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Love, Sex & Dating
- Our Front Porch
- Random Thoughts and Conversations
- Singles Perspective Revisited
- Comunidad Hispana de AARP
- Politics & Society Forums
- Politics, Current Events
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Rewards for Good
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- TV Talk
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Writing & Books
- Caregiving Forums
- Grief & Loss
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
07-09-2014 11:04 PM
2014 Care4YouToo Community Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Am I Eligible to Participate? The AARP "Care 4 You Too" Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the United States (except Florida) and the District of Columbia who are 21 years or older at the time of entry and who are registered and participating in the Home and Family Message Board. Employees of AARP, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. In addition, individuals who have won a contest or sweepstakes in the AARP online community within the past calendar year shall not be eligible for a prize.
3. How Do I Enter? The Contest will begin on July 14, 2014 at 9:00a.m. EST, and end at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on (Sunday August 24, 2014) (the "Contest Period"). To enter, you must (a) register online to join the AARP Online Community during the Contest Period; and then (b) post entries on the community forums throughout the Contest Period. Be sure to complete all of the required information and follow instructions for submitting your registration. Six week weight loss and fitness weekly challenge:
Week 1 - What is one small change you want to make in your life?
Week 2 - Tell us or Show Us (upload photo) one positive change you will make to your physical activity
Week 3 - Tell us or Show Us (upload photo) one positive change you will make to your dietary menu.
Week 4 - What improvements have you noticed as a result of changing your physical activity?
Week 5 - What improvements have you noticed as a result of changing your dietary habits?
Week 6 - Share at least one positive change you've made during these 6 weeks.
Overall Contest winner – The overall winner will be chosen from the winners of the Care4YouToo six weekly challenge posts.
All entries and posts must be received by Sunday (11:59 p.m. (EST) of the corresponding week. Maximum one (1) entry per person per week. Posts may not contain material that is sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous, indecent, obscene or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor and Judges in their sole discretion. The use of automated entries or programs or entries submitted by third parties is prohibited and such entries will be disqualified. To be eligible for a weekly prize you must post on the community during such week. All entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt and publish any or all of the Contest posts, including uploaded photos, and may use them in any media without compensation to the entrant or any other person or entity. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind.
4. What Could I Win?
Weekly Prize: Each weekly prize winner will win one (1) prize. A prize valued at approximately $125.00 (may be a gift card).
Overall Prize: One (1) $500 Gift Card and 1,000 Points awarded in AARP Rewards for Good Program.
Please note: To be eligible for a weekly prize you must post on the community during that week. For example, to be eligible for the July 14, 2014 challenge, you must post during the week of July 14 – 20, 2014
5. How Will the Winner Be Selected? All posts of eligible entries will be judged by AARP (the "Judge"). Prizes: Each week (starting on or about July 22, 2014, one weekly winner will be selected based on his/her posts from the previous week) in accordance with the following criteria ("Criteria"): (i) active participation in the online community group (33%); (ii) creativity (33%); and (iii) capture the theme of the Contest (34%). The individual with the highest overall score during such week is the potential winner.
The overall contest winner will be chosen from the list of weekly winners in accordance with the following criteria ("Criteria"): (i) active participation in the online community group (33%); (ii) creativity (33%); and (iii) capture the theme of the Contest (34%).
6. When Will the Winner Be Notified? Each week the potential winner will be notified on or about 24 hours after the selection via e-mail and/or AARP online community message center. The overall contest winner will be notified on or about 7 days after the contest ends. Sponsor's inability to reach Winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable and/or Winner's failure to respond to a prize notification within 48 hours may result in his/her disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and the selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. What Other Terms Apply? Winner may waive his/her right to receive prize. With Sponsor's approval the Prize may be assignable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. The Prize is subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned within fourteen (14) days of date of personal delivery or sender's postmark. Failure to timely sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes Winner's consent to the Sponsor's publication of his/her name, biographical information and likeness and his/her uploaded photo in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Contest Judge, which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest. In the event the fairness or proper administration of the Contest is compromised by a virus, tampering or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. All AARP.org users should seek expert financial advice and consult their own tax advisers or financial planners for any specific financial issues.
8. Who Is the Sponsor? The Contest is sponsored by AARP. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.
9. How Can I Request the Winner's Name? For a copy of a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Care 4 You Too," Online Community Team, AARP 601 E. Street, Washington, DC, 20049. Requests for a list of winners must be received by November 15, 2014.
- Aid & Attendance
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- home care
- home health
- home health care
- active aging
- adult day care
- anxiety management