Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

PT, OT, and Speech Therapy Degree Programs Often Look for Individuals in Need

by ymcmiller on ‎11-11-2017 06:17 PM

I take care of my husband who had a stroke and now has aphasia and loss of the use of his right arm and leg. Therapy sessions are costly and insurance has a cap, which we hit by about mid year.  I live near 3 Universities and have found a speech pathology Master's program and a Dr of Physical therapy program needing individuals who their students can work with as part of their studies. My husband loves all the attention the students give him (soaks it up) and the students love waiting on him. It's a win:win.  He gets the social interaction and therapy services and a chance to get out of the house all together.

0 Kudos
by dr105254
on ‎11-17-2017 11:43 AM
How do you get into those programs? Do you just blind call the nearby universities?
AARP Terms of Service