Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

cats

people don't own cats.  Cats own people.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Saturday, February 2, 2019--6:54 am CST

I have a feral Calico cat named Dana. I've had  her since she was kitten, probably around 6 to 8 weeks when she started  hanging around where I worked (I did warehouse work. I'm now retired). I started feeding her and giving her water at work. My supervisor said I can take her 

home. Now Dana is 7 years old. I've had her since 2011.

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas, USA)

Info Seeker

Hi-
I feel such a kindred spirit with “cat people”! (I hope you don’t mind calling you one of us.😊) I never thought I’d come to love my cat, thought I was always a dog person. But when my gorgeous pure white Turkish Angora (I think) named Winter was given to us, we all fell in love with him. Actually, he’s my daughter’s, given by a friend to help make my daughter cope with anxiety/depression from the loss of my husband ~ 3yrs ago. Winter is so sweet, and his demands for attention seem to come when one is sad and needed a “friend”. He lifts our spirits up! I’m sure you feel the same way with Dana, too. Hope you continue enjoying Dana’s company as we are with our Winter!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP