Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Info Seeker

Re: What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Message 641 of 692 (3,804 Views)
Give 10% to God, save 10%, pay off debt, share withe children, family and the poor.
Info Seeker

Message 642 of 692 (3,797 Views)

First I would give 10% to charity. Then I would pay off all my unsecured debts, essentially everything except my mortgage. Next in line would be the mortgage. Then put the remainder into savings. This would give me plenty of time to think about the next step. I would be very inclined to plan to make aliyah since the savings would be enough to let me travel between California and Israel whenever necessary.

Info Seeker

Message 643 of 692 (3,796 Views)
Buy a new mobile home or at least fix the roof on the one I have! Maybe a new car and travel.
Info Seeker

Message 644 of 692 (3,792 Views)

Upgrade our city's resources for helping the homeless to be able to provide shelter for more people, provide more meals, warm and clean clothing, and bathing facilities.  Share the gospel of Jesus with all who want to hear. 

Conversationalist

Message 645 of 692 (3,787 Views)

I would share with my 5 children and grandchildren and Great granchildren

Info Seeker

Message 646 of 692 (3,786 Views)
As much as I'd love to remodel my home and take vacations, I did get a small windfall and paid off all debt. It feels good!
Info Seeker

Message 647 of 692 (3,778 Views)

I would get a fincial adviser so I didn't just go through the money. I'd like to help out my family. But what I'd really like to do is take my whole family to England so they could meet my relatives.

Info Seeker

Message 648 of 692 (3,872 Views)

Depending on how much the "windfall" is, I would help family and friends pay off debts (I have none), start trusts for some family members, give more to charities, then invest the rest.

Info Seeker

Message 649 of 692 (3,879 Views)

I would divide most of the money between my children so they could buy or upgrade their homes. Some live in Seattle, a very high market, oe of my children is still in school and will graduate in 2016 and another lives in under 800 sq. ft. (darling) house, that the kitchen needs renovating.

Info Seeker

Message 650 of 692 (3,873 Views)

My family members are in need of help, and I would, in a reasonable way; help them with their finances. I use the term reasonable because some family members, are unique in there spending habits which would constitute helping them in different ways. I am a member of a Bible Believing Church, and I could be a great help to them with their finances. I regularly give to charitable organizations, especially the Salvation Army; as well as other charitable org.s. In final, I give anyway to charitable and helping other people, but acknowledging "THE LORD" should be at the top of the list. Chances are, in my opinion; if I come in to a lot of money, it's because HE allowed it to happen!