AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Info Seeker

Re: What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Message 51 of 733

"Party, like it was 1999!!!"

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 52 of 733

I would set some aside for my granddaughter for college and buy a small travel trailer so I could become a "Snowbird" durring the winter months.

Info Seeker

Message 53 of 733

Just retired from the medical field.  I would pay off some bills and as a Third World Medical Missionary I would help provide assistance to rebuilding the Emergency Room in Haiti that was destroyed by the earthquake.

Info Seeker

Message 54 of 733
I like that part about nurses!.we are underappreciated alot!
Info Seeker

Message 55 of 733

Pay off bills so that I'm able to retire,with minimal worries!

Info Seeker

Message 56 of 733

The first thing I'd do is pay off all my bills including the Solar installation.  Then I'd sock a bit away for a rainny day or my "old age".   I'd also put some into Mon's checking account to keep her well cared for in Assisted Living.  

I'd definitely donate some to my favorite charities if there way any left over from that.

I support my local food bank and several animal shelters, children and of course my March of Dimes which I have volunteere for since 1993 knowing the story of my own birth.  

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 57 of 733
first I would fix up my current home that I own , sell it and then by the home that I've always wanted, secondly I would invest some and third of all I would pay off my 2 son's student loans and my daughter in law student loan
Info Seeker

Message 58 of 733

The very 1st thing....pay off all of my daughter's debt and her college tuition. She moved 900 miles to go to school and even took on a job at Lowe's to help her cause. It would absolutely make her life a lil easier. Ahhh, the power of suggestion :0)

Info Seeker

Message 59 of 733

Pay off my credit cards, the house and the cars and start my travelling fund.Heart Also, help my family and best friend and a HUGE contribution to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and the NICU.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 60 of 733

Depending on the amount, at least half of it would go into some type of savings. Then some of it would be used to make some home improvements. For example, if it was $50,000 it would get split

like I said. Any larger amount would bring in a good financial advisor to discuss options in addition to making the home improvements.