Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Retired Community Manager

First I would help my children by either paying off their mortgage or lowering it...I would pay all my debts...then I would invest the rest...if any...

0 Kudos

Retire n enjoy my children and grandchildren.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy a car so that I could volunteer at animal shelters, elementary schools, and/or health centers. I would also travel, invest in stocks, and give money to my son. The main consequence of a windfall would be to give me peace of mind so that I do not have to worry about finances.

Carla
0 Kudos

I would help my youngest daughter make needed repairs to her home. I would give my grandchildren a little money and bring some smiles to their faces. I would donate a new night drop to my local library. I would re-wire my home. I would help my oldest daughter buy some farmland. Last but not least I would give the glory to God....Boy I need a BIG windfall don't I?
0 Kudos

Invest it unless it was a humongous windfall: then I would live the life I would like to come accustomed to. ๐Ÿ™‚
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would first put more money away for our retirement and then help our family members because they all need help with money...then take a well deserved vacation!

0 Kudos
Contributor

A subject I have thought about. Helping care for my 5 year old twin grand daughter's I would finally buy a reliable car. They will be starting school this year and in need of transportation. A windfall..... I would purchase land and build for my mother and brothers. Hire an advisor to make sure all family members could live a life with security.
As always help my community.
0 Kudos

Buy more silver one ounce coins to prepare for the coming days of unrest we will be facing.

Honored Social Butterfly

I would pay to fire AARP's employees who are supposed to be protecting their members from spam such as this Abney Financial Group that has taken over sections of this discussion area.

Then I would use the money to hire skilled, caring employees to operate this web site and protect the users.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

.............wow
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

breathe

Contributor

Pay off debt. Fund my nephews' college funds. Go out to eat.

Contributor

Invest it.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been battling cancer for two years and my husband has gone back to school to learn a new trade.(he is doing great in school) We have had to cash in our savings and 401's to make ends meet till he graduates in late August. We would pay off bills and put some away
Contributor

I would payoff my home and save more of my salary. Later, I would move closer to my grandson in Texas
0 Kudos
Contributor

Breathe a little easier. . .sleep a little better.

Contributor

I would use the money to fund our Military Museum in Eastpointe MI ( mimths.org ).

Dr Robert J. Causley  

I would payoff my car and personal loan.  Help my family and donate to my church.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I won, I would put most of it in savings since you never know whar health issues will arise in the future.  I would take some of it and use it for the dream trip my husband I have been planning.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'd get out of debt.

Sherry

Contributor

I would pay off medical bills and buy a car

Contributor

I would pay off all my bills, sell my house, move to an apartment and travel.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use  one third for the past, one third for the present and one third for the future.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

First pay my bills. I am disabled and trying to get social security. I have been denied. So money is very tight.
Contributor

Share with my children & travel.

spend some and save the rest

0 Kudos

Repairs to my house. Older home needs updating in order for us to sell it.
Trusted Contributor

If I won the money $50,000 I would get my basement fixed.  I was a recent widow and it floods each

time that it rains.  I have a bad back and shoulder and mopping hurts so bad.  It cost almost

$20,000 to water proof the basement.  I have no one to help me.  I don't want to get sick from mold.

This money would help me so much.  Marilyn T.

Periodic Contributor

sunday46, I am sorry you are in the spot you are in, I'm right there with you. I have no one or no money to help me either. Maybe we will be lucky some day, too!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPLynne wrote:

Maybe it's time to go back & ask the question, "How much do you consider a windfall", because it may not be enough to live like Donald Trump!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP