Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Ancestry.com discount

Message 11 of 34 (5,218 Views)

Wondering why I even joined AARP. Certainly not for the discounts they alledgedly offer seniors1

Mabe just another scam!

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 34 (5,216 Views)

Wondering why I even joined AARP. Certainly not for the discounts they alledgedly offer seniors!

Maybe just another scam!

Conversationalist

Message 13 of 34 (5,151 Views)

I just found out the same thing that after a year, no more discount.  I was very disappointed, is this true and can it be extended.  Those on a limited budget and this is their joy, are out of luck after a year.  So sad.

Conversationalist

Message 14 of 34 (5,162 Views)

That would be wonderful and they would probably get more business.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 34 (5,144 Views)

When I called to renew my Ancestry subscription I was told that it was a one-time only discount!  Nowhere in AARP's literature does it say that!  I wish I had found out before renewing my AARP membership!

Info Seeker

Re: Ancestry.com free for LDS members

Message 16 of 34 (5,109 Views)

Ancestry.com (and a host of other sites) are now free for members of the LDS church.  The main LDS site is familysearch.org/.  The new free subscriptions are available here:

https://familysearch.org/partner/ancestry

And here:

https://familysearch.org/partneraccess

(LDS) Church members can sign up through FamilySearch for a complimentary Ancestry.com subscription.

For those who are not LDS church members, any of your family or friends who are LDS that are helping you on your personal family history, they can get the free access.

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 34 (4,964 Views)

Ancestry autromatically renewed me yesterday at the standard rate.  They refused to give me the AARP advertised discount of 30%.  Said their ad was in error and they have tried for two months to change it.  Present ad declares : "As an existing member of AARP and subscriber to Ancestry, save 30%"  etc. 

Info Seeker

Re: Ancestry.com discount -- AARP "discount" not very real when contacting Ancestry.com

Message 18 of 34 (4,795 Views)

You should definitately call AARP and let them know about all the trouble you've had with Ancestry. In my experience, they will make an external case, and work with the partnering company to fix your problem. 

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 34 (4,678 Views)

same way with Travel. I get cheaper flights going thru Expedia then thru AARP 

Info Seeker

Re: Ancestry.com discount -- AARP "discount" not very real when contacting Ancestry.com

Message 20 of 34 (4,024 Views)
I just renewed with ancestry.com for 6 mos. with the AARP 30% discount. The trick is it will renew in December at the discount, but next June will renew at the standard price. The member has to call back before the yearly expiration to get another discount. Crazy, but that't how it's working.