AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Fluoride - Demand AARP Take Action

[ Edited ]
Message 11 of 59 (4,992 Views)

“The government hires scientists to support its policies; industry hires them to support its business; and universities hire them to bring in grants that are handed out to support government policies and industry practices.” - David L. Lewis, PhD, microbiologist (2014)

Have you seen the latest two exposes on fluoridation? 

Out of Israel, a social science team documents the misrepresentation of scientific  and historical fact by lobbyists and politicians in order to deceive the public and mandate a policy that benefits vested interests, but harms public health.  They call it "uncertainty bias" but I call it lies and bullying. August 2016 in Journal of Risk Research: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305985332 

Out of Scandinavia, team determines that incidence of Crohn's disease and other irritable bowel disease (IBD) experiences a sharp and significant uptick in  communities that fluoridate in Canada, the US, Australia and Wales. They also note that there is a similarly significantly higher rate of IBD in communities with naturally high levels of fluoride and in industrial workers exposed to fluoride on the job. People who brush their teeth frequently are more likely to suffer IBD, too. Plus, animal studies confirm, even low levels of fluoride inflames the bowels.  S**t! Vol 51, 2016 Issue 9 in Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology  http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00365521.2016.1177855?journalCode=igas20 

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 59 (5,280 Views)

I appreciate this post very much. Thank you for drawing attention to these concerns! Many need help connecting the dots in this busy world.  

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 59 (5,319 Views)

Fluoride accumulates lifelong in our bones. What makes a profluoridationist think it miraculously goes only to the teeth? Does the tooth fairy direct all the fluoride ion entering your bloodstream only to your teeth? Absurd! Bone sawed off my femur head during total hip replacement was ashed and measured 1500ppm as F. Analyzed by a reputable mineral lab because I couldn't find a medical lab offering F analysis of bone. I have many ailments (parathyroid and thyroid disease, kidney stones, osteoarthritis, dental fluorosis, GERD, uterine fibroids and prolapse, neurological problems such as loss of memory, hospitalized with acute pancreatitis, GI and bladder irritation) but AMA doctors have not recognized the contribution of chronic low level F poisoning even when I mentioned acute exposure to F gasses at work  as a chemist at a water treatment plant. Avoiding F for 3 years has slowly reversed many ailments especially normalizing parathyroid hormone levels, shrinking of thyroid goiter and  lowering of antibodies against my thyroid and GI issues.

Baby Boomers-connect the dots and awake up to the reality you have been part of an ill conceived human science experiment being lifelong exposed to chronic low level fluoride poisoning and many of the illnesses you currently experience are directly related to the level of your fluoride exposure lifelong. Protect yourself and loved ones now and avoid all the many exposures to fluoride.

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 14 of 59 (5,233 Views)

“The current system in the United States for evaluating scientific evidence and making health-based decisions about environmental chemicals is fundamentally broken,” - Project TNDR (Targeting Environmental Developmental Risks) 2016

“There are numerous mechanisms by which uncontrolled dosing of fluorides through water fluoridation can potentially harm thyroid function, the body and the brain…Communities of color and the underserved are disproportionately harmed by fluorides." - Mark Hyman, MD (2016)

Incredulously, the fluoridationist profiteers and their shills are not only continuing to pour millions of dollars into supporting this policy, they have managed to kill a CNN medical expose on fluoridation and are tying Medicaid dollars to fluoridation even as more studies are proving connections between fluoride consumption and increases in diabetes and irritable bowel disease. 

• 2016 in Scandanavian Journal of Gastronology Fluoride: a risk factor for inflammatory bowel disease? found statistical spikes in diagnoses of Crohn's and other IBD in America, Canada, Australia and Wales shortly after communities fluoridated.  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27199224 

• 2016 in Journal of Water and Health Community water fluoridation predicts increase in age-adjusted incidence and prevalence of diabetes in 22 states from 2005 and 2010 found that NaF, which is not only used to fluoridate water supplies but is also prescribed to children living in non-fluoridated communities, spikes diabetes.   http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-08/cwru-fcl081716.php

Folks - this is serious. Phone and email AARP executives and DEMAND the AARP use their power in Congress and with state officials to end the poisoning of our water supplies! 

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 15 of 59 (6,014 Views)

“No school, college or independent medical research institution dares to be critical of fluoridation because they receive grants from the U.S. Public Health Service. Likewise, no big food, beverage or drug company will dare speak critically of fluoride because they are under the supervision of the FDA, a branch of the USPHS. One brewery official told me that their own research indicated grave questions about fluoridation, but they dare not speak out. As you know, the Food and Drug Administration can bankrupt any national food, beverage or drug company with a little adverse comment." - W .B. Hartsfield, mayor of Atlanta, Georgia, in Dental Survey (1961)

The politics of fluoridation promotion are staggering. The worst of the social media trolls formed a non-profit, bought an url, and are collecting grant money to continue to spew their lies. The "American Fluoridation Society" got at least $50,000 from Delta Dental. Delta Dental also funded a propaganda curriculum under the guise of "civic engagement" at Allegheny College that sent college students home ready to campaign in their home towns for fluoridation in order to help the poor kids. Doubt Delta Dental told these college students that hundreds of fluoridation studies during their lifetime prove that fluoridation inteferes with their ability to learn, disrupts their hormones, and does more harm to teeth than good. 

See April 2016 letter to National Governors Association from consumer advocate Erin Brockovich, water consultant Bob Bowcock, and "elite" whistleblower lawyer Michael Kohn regarding the  propaganda efforts to politicize fluoridation in order to drown out the science: http://fluoridealert.org/wp-content/uploads/brockovich-2016.pdf  

Gold Conversationalist

Message 16 of 59 (5,977 Views)

"Long-continued ingestion of minute quantities of fluorine causes disease of the thyroid gland." - Douglas D. Styne, MD

"The American Thyroid Association should be the spokesmen on thyroid health, not dentists or marketeers funded by the fluoride industry." - 2016 letter to ATA

Share this letter with everyone you know who has a thyroid disease. Ask they share it with their physicians. http://fluoridealert.org/wp-content/uploads/ATA_2016_02_11.pdf

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 59 (6,077 Views)

"The plain fact that fluorine is an insidious poison, harmful, toxic and cumulative in its effects, even when ingested in minimal amounts, will remain unchanged no matter how may times it will be repeated in print that fluoridation of the water supply is 'safe'." - Ludwig Gross, MD, former Chief of Veterans' Administration Cancer Research and medical journalist

Geez - how much evidence does anyone need that fluoridation is harmful? There is no question that fluoride is an endocrine disruptor, even in "optimally" fluoridated water. There is a ton of evidence going back a hundred years proving it suppresses thyroid hormones, science which was reinforced in recent years. Now look at these latest studies. 

• 2015 in Toxicology in Vitro. Fluoride as a factor initiating and potentiating inflammation in THP1 differentiated monocytes/macrophages.  Immune system inflammation means your body is stressed and could be overwhelmed, as well as worsening any inflammatory disease. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0887233315001605

• 2016 in Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism. Timing of Environmental Exposures as a Critical Element in Breast Cancer Risk.  Fluoride is one of many EPA environmental toxins, and timing of exposure increases risk factor to breast cancer. Fluoride also reduces melatonin, a hormone produced by the pineal gland. Melatonin protects against breast cancer. So, take away the protective hormones, add a little glyphosate here, a little fluoride there, and voila! Breast cancer!    http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jc.2015-2848#sthash.cKViKSuL.dpuf

Baby Boomers, we are being poisoned simply because there are paychecks and professional reputations dependent on fluoridation promotion. Big business and big pharma are funding fluoridation because their business model is at risk if fluoridation is criticized. But it is our health, our lives, and our grandchildren's lives at stake!  

Tell the AARP president to grow a spine and write an AARP resolution opposing fluoridation as being an ill advised policy that is harmful to many senior citizens! aarppresident@aarp.org

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 18 of 59 (5,876 Views)

“Drinking fluoridated water is harmful, we’ve been deceived to believe it is safe, and with new found knowledge we must all act now to stop it.” - Erin Brockovich, April 2015

Sign and share this petition demanding Congress tell the IOM to respond to the content of the April 2015 letter signed by Erin Brockovich and others!

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/dietary-fluoride-and/

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 59 (6,104 Views)

All I want for Christmas is for my water not to be poisoned! 

The arrogance of lazy lawmakers and corrupt regulators astounds me. Not only has the Institute of Medicine refused to respond to the April 2015 letter signed by consumer advocate Erin Brockovich, Wm. Ingram president of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine, David Matthews of Matthews & Associates, and others, but also Congress hasn't made a single request that the IOM do so. 

Sign this petition demanding a response to that letter: http://petitions.moveon.org/s/sVCrGR

Letter: https://www.aaemonline.org/pdf/LetterIOM_2015.04.27.pdf  

Please share the link to the petition with your friends and family on Facebook and via Twitter. 

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 20 of 59 (7,132 Views)

There are people in Anchorage working to get fluoride out of the water.I liked their facebook page so I could read their posts. That's another one of the towns where I was getting slowly poisoned for many years. It's nice to see Alaskans wising up and getting rid of fluoride. Such an ironic tragedy for people living in that beautiful pristine state to have their water poisoned. How could I have guessed that people would put rat poison in my water and that I wouldn't be able to smell it, taste it or see it? The whole thing is just awful, really. I probably wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced first hand what fluoride can do to you. It **bleep** near killed me! Glad I figured out what was going on before it did. I still hadn't figured out it was fluoride making us sick at the time I moved out of Alaska after living their all my life, something I thought I'd never do. But I went on a few vacations out of state and realized I was getting better while away, and getting sicker again when returning to Juneau. I wasn't sure what was doing it, but I got my family out. Later, after I put two and two together and figured out it had been fluoride in the water sickening us, I contacted people I knew who were still there to tell them.