Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Info Seeker

Re: Diet and Memory are they connected?

Message 1 of 25 (2,038 Views)

Yes i do feel that diet and memory goes together. And excise.

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 25 (3,344 Views)

vb32668553 Glad you liked my previous comment on the environmental poisons effect on our memory. My particular focus is fluoridation chemicals which pervade everything. I'm also incensed over the heavy use of pesticides, pesticide ladened GMOs and unsafe medications rubber stamped by so-called regulatory agencies. 

Honestly, the only thing we can do to protect ourselves and our grandchildren is to get political and storm the offices of our state representatives and Congress. There is too much $money$ tied up in these industries for anything to work as it is supposed to. 

Case in point: A petition to the EPA from six organizations and a group of individuals with 46 pages of scientific citations, including 196 from just the past ten years is pending right now. It's regarding the neurotoxicity of fluoride and EPA authority under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). The EPA is supposed to respond by the end of February 2017. I'm not holding my breath.

• In 2006, the NRC advised the EPA their MCLG for fluoride in drinking water was unsafe, no action. 
  • In 2005, EPA scientists petitioned management to change the fluoride MCLG to zero, no action. 
  • In 1990s, EPA Sr. Scientist advised EPA fluoridation was causing or promoting cancer and should be banned, no action.  

Really, phone your politicans and AARP! Tell them this is an easy one. Turn off the spigot. Stop adding fluoridation chemicals to water supplies! 

Sign and share: 

1. Letter supporting 2016 EPA petition:  http://fluoridealert.org/articles/epa_fluoride_petition/ 
  2. Petition supporting 2015 IOM letter:  http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/dietary-fluoride-and 
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 25 (7,266 Views)
Thank for info here, especially that from CarrieAnn! I'm always looking for info about "brain health", as I go through the aging process. My dad did auite well before passing, but my mom developed dementia-alzheimer(spelling?) form.
Please update site! The previous posts are two years old, from 2014!!
Veta B.
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 25 (7,488 Views)

I truly agree and we have cut back on red meat and increased more fresh veggies and avacado and fish in our diet!

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 25 (7,768 Views)
Added Avocado to diet and fish oil capsule
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 25 (8,172 Views)
No, there is physical part and emotional part.
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 25 (8,203 Views)
Activity....sensor brain
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 25 (8,251 Views)
Juice- 1/2 lg. cucumber, cactus, wheatgrass powderh, 1 fresh orange, 1 apple, makes me feel great..seems to help with lowering sugar. Comes out kinda thick. May affect others differently. I follow it up with exercise.
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 25 (8,267 Views)
A breakfast of Eggs (PROTEIN) and Bacon from Natural Grocers or the like. (Free range chickens and no preservative bacon) cook with coconut oil. Gluten free and can actually help with weight loss. I am also a coffee drinker
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 25 (8,740 Views)

I do believe diet and memory are connected.  I have tried to cut down on the carbs and sugars and am eating more colorful fruits and vegetables as well as low fat protein.  I believe exercise and mind expanding activites are just as important.