Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Did you know taking a nap is good for you?

Message 1 of 21 (856 Views)

Yes, I take naps regularly. If I can get even 20 minutes in, I feel refreshed and ready to face the rest of the day! If I slept poorly the night before, I try to get in a 2 hour nap. I also like to keep my room dark and cool. I always sleep with a fan on and facing me. I love the air brushing my face.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 21 (2,323 Views)

Nance53 wrote:

"...I knew a nap is good but I don't take one as then cant sleep at night. Could use about 4 PM when I get sleepy but fight my waypast it....".

The 'trick' is to take a short one. Many of us, as we get older, can fall asleep, seemingly within minutes, for a nap. You need to set an alarm and limit yourself to 15-20 minutes. This used to be called a 'power nap' that some corporations urged, and provided a space for, in their corporate buildings.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 21 (2,463 Views)

I knew a nap is good but I don't take one as then cant sleep at night. Could use about 4 PM when I get sleepy but fight my waypast it. 

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 21 (2,734 Views)
me too, although I'm very tired I'll fight to stay up so I won't be up till 7 a.m.
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 21 (2,772 Views)

No I didn't.  I don't take naps because then I can't sleep at night.  Any suggestions?

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 21 (6,925 Views)
A nap! brain nerves reactivate..new level
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 21 (8,170 Views)
Thanks!
I didn't know a nap could increase your brain's processing ability SO MUCH!
Great to be on board with AARP!
Love It!!!
Conversationalist

Message 8 of 21 (9,632 Views)

I do love to Nap as it give me a pleasant luxury or you can say a short of a mini-vacation. It helps to get some relaxation and rejuvenation. It restore alertness, enhance performance, and reduce mistakes and accidents. Study states that 40-minute nap improves the performance by 34% and alertness 100%.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 21 (9,632 Views)
Went out for a 35 mile bike ride with other cyclists. Had my camel water pack as temperature was climbing from the 80's to the hundreds. When I came home took a nap which proved the ideal thing to do. Refreshed I proceeded to do some chores and shopping. 
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 21 (9,632 Views)
 Somehow it "resets" my brain, but as someone else said, too long a nap leaves you feeling groggy.