Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Two questions

Message 1 of 6 (153 Views)

@wilful  Tag on faithful forum user, tag on! Smiley Happy (Hope my blathering was helpful Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (158 Views)

Hey Epster - Thanks for answering my questions.  And ewwwww - I just noticed that I wrote "bottom" - instead of button!  Fortunately, you were able to decipher my  code Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)

FWIW: I think we need to task someone with cleaning up useless tags. You know, the obvious errors like

AFF

d32520990y (Not the real tag, because, if this is someone's user ID, it is a misuse of the tagging system and should be removed. But I digress. Smiley Happy)

and so on.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 6 (172 Views)

Here's the lower portion of the displayed tags for this forum:

The list of tags in this topic.png

And here's what I got when I clicked on '"clicks" per topic':

http://community.aarp.org/t5/tag/%22clicks%22%20per%20topic/tg-p/board-id/AboutOurCommunity

So if I was interested in reading what has been posted here and, of course, tagged with '"clicks" per topic', this is a handy way to search for those posts.

This is why tagging is a good and helpful practice. IMHO.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 6 (181 Views)

wilful wrote:

1. I can't find the bottom to click to send a private message.  Do we still have this feature?

2. What are tags/taggers?  Yeah - I know this is a dumb question..Smiley Frustrated

@wilful  I'm unfamiliar with finding the bottom in order to send a private message to a user and wonder if that was a before-my-time feature.  How I've done it is click on the user's image located in the upper left corner. That will take you to their page. In the upper right corner of the user's page you'll find the option to send a message to the user, as long as they have that feature enabled.

Taggers are users who use the tag feature. I'm a prolific tagger, because it adds an avenue of discovery for future users. I've used the 'r4g earn points' tag, for instance with every workaround, tip, or informational post I've created so that Rewards for Good participants can find those posts (and hopefully earn loads of Rewards points Smiley Happy).  Outside of the R4G forum, I think it a good way to help readers find what they are looking for. Want inspiration? There's a slew of posts for that. Want to read about fitness? There's a bunch of posts for that, too. Interested in coffee? Huzzbah! There are posts about that as well. Weeeeee! And so on. Smiley Happy

In terms of why we list top taggers ... I have no idea whatsoever. Smiley Happy Well, I guess, except to encourage people to make this site a little bit more friendly by tagging their posts. (Think of it as leaving bread crumbs in the forest. Smiley Happy)

location of the tagging featurelocation of the tagging feature

a tagged posta tagged post

Here's what the Help Section says about tagging: http://community.aarp.org/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/tagging#tagging

Regular Social Butterfly

Two questions

Message 6 of 6 (191 Views)

1. I can't find the bottom to click to send a private message.  Do we still have this feature?

2. What are tags/taggers?  Yeah - I know this is a dumb question..Smiley Frustrated