Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Rewards for Goods Redemption a Joke??!!

Message 11 of 14

I have been earning and redeeming points on Rewards for Good almost daily for over a year with only rare problems until last week. I plan to open a new subject from that issue.
I have used points for discounts on gift cards, entering auctions, and entering sweepstakes.
As part of my activity, I have bid on and missed winning many auctions. Such is life! On the other hand, I have won several auctions and a few sweepstakes. The sweepstakes I have won have usually been $5 or $10 gift cards when 50 are offered in the sweepstakes at the end of several days of entering.
I have also walked away from hundreds of auctions just because people were bidding hundreds of dollars worth of points for $5 and $10 gift cards and so on. I base this on knowing that for 500 points and $45, one can get $50 in gift cards. Therefore, 500 points equals $5.00, or 1 point equals 1 cent. To extrapolate: 1,000 points = $10, 10,000 points = $100, and so on.

Redemption of points has been working for me all along.

For those who find it hard to enter Rewards for Good, click My Account under your log-in name in the upper right corner. In the main screen, click the Rewards for Good link at the top. If that doesn't get you there, contact support by e-mail at member@aarp.org.
Enjoy!

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 14

I can't even get into the site most of the time!  When I click on "Rewards for Goods," it takes me to a different page!!  Useless!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 14

lorigoble wrote:
Has anyone ever successfully redemed any points???? What an awful site!! I can't even use the points I worked hard to earn.

I have posted many posts regarding this useless program. I just hope that none of our membership fees are used in its' operation.

Info Seeker

Rewards for Goods Redemption a Joke??!!

Message 14 of 14
Has anyone ever successfully redemed any points???? What an awful site!! I can't even use the points I worked hard to earn.