Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Community Manager

Re: Rewards for Goods Redemption a Joke??!!

Message 1 of 14

Hello @rchapman39,  I would be happy to help. 

In order to take advantage of earning and cashing in your points, you need to be logged into the AARP site. 

How do I know I'm logged in?

If you are logged into the AARP site you will see your name "Hi," and "YOUR FIRST NAME" appearing across the top red bar like shown in the screen capture below.Logged Into AARP SiteLogged Into AARP Site

Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

What do I do if I'm not logged in?

If you're not logged in you will see "Register" and "Login" to the far right of the red top bar.

Not Logged Into the AARP SiteNot Logged Into the AARP SiteClick the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

Since you've indicated you've already earned 50K points, you need to click on the login.  This will prompt you for you email address and password.

I'm logged in, now what?

Now that you're logged in, click on the "Rewards for Good" link in the upper red bar.  This bar also shows how many points you've earned to date.

Welcome to Rewards for Good.  Click on the "Redeem My Points" link next to the promotional photo.  I've circled it in orange in the photo below.

Rewards for Good HomeRewards for Good Home

Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

This is the Rewards for Good Redemption Center.  You can  redeem your points on local offers, Travel, Merchandise, Gift Cards, Auctions and Sweepstakes.

I'm also provided you with a few additional links to help you with the Rewards for Good program:

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 14
I AM TRYING TO ACCESS MY POINTS SO I CAN REDEEM THEM...I BELIEVE I HAV ABOUT ,50,000
CAN YOU HELP ME???
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 14

"Rewards for Good" is more like "Rewards Program is Useless."   What a joke.  I have never been able to redeem my points. The online program is slow and stupid.  Every time I go there, they ask me to "sign up."  None of the "rewards" are of much use, unless you have thousands and thousands of points.  I surrender - I won't even be looking at this site anymore.

Info Seeker +

Message 4 of 14

I used to be able to get the Deal of the Day but lately I have been blocked out immediately.  I click the second the deal opens up and it takes me to a blank shopping cart.  By the time I click back--within five seconds--the deal is already sold out.  This has happened over and over.  Today I even tried having two different browsers open to the deal and clicked on them one after the other--the first browser brought me to the empty shopping cart and the other told me the deal was already sold out.  Mind you, this is less than ten seconds after the deal opens up.  What kind of membership deal has so few items available that they are sold out in five seconds?   Between this and the auctions that never let me enter in the last minute (which is the only time anyone should ever enter), I have no idea why I bother to accumulate points.  What a rip.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 5 of 14

sounds easy.  I should try RFG

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 14

Purchased over 10,000 tickets and not a winner. No more for me. Waste of my time. Nothing but annoying adds.

Conversationalist

Message 7 of 14

The quizzes and exercises under Earn Points seem to be the main way to gain points on an account. If you go directly to Sweepstakes under Redeem Points and enter all those, you will likely use most if not all of your daily earnings.
You have probably noticed that not all items net you points every time. Only a handful give points on completion every day, several more can earn points weekly, starting on Sunday, and still several others grant points at the first of the month. I have averaged several thousand points per month, even though I enter the Sweepstakes every day. In March, alone, I netted just over 18,000 points, most of which were earned on the Earn Points exercises.
Also, you get points codes with the letters RFG sends out with gift cards won on sweepstakes. Those codes are worth 1,000 points on your account when you enter the codes in the Enter Promo Code box.

When you are signed up for the Daily News Alert e-mail under My Newsletters in the Earn Points section, you can get codes in the e-mails they send worth 150 points on Tuesdays and Fridays.

If you have signed up your card, you should be getting your 50 percent bonus points. I don't know how to check that. Maybe you could contact RFG customer service.
Enjoy!

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 14

Hi < I'm new to rewards for good. I see you posted this awhile back. Can you please tell me, Is the only way to earn is to do all the quizzes?  I signe up my card, how do I know if I'm getting the exrta 50% points? Thanks for any info you may be able to provide! 

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 14

I've used my points and cash to purchase gift cards - no problem.

I've used my points in their auctions and bid the most and received the prize.

I've used my points for the free Item of the Day and points with cash and have always received the item I purchased or won.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 10 of 14

HELLO RFG FELLOW MEMBER....I never had a problem with redemption. You need to call 1-888-842-2891...a REP will get to the bottom of your problem.  If your issue can't be resolved right then, you will be given a TICKET NUMBER for your case, and someone will get back with you within 72 hrs. I hope this helps !  BE WELL....

MS. JOAN ANTOINETTE BURTON