AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Info Seeker +

Re: Rewards for Good - earning points in games & more

Message 11 of 67 (2,979 Views)

the link to the video tutorial?  

Video Not Found

The video you are trying to watch is no longer available.

Debbie
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 12 of 67 (3,031 Views)

Hi RFG member...I too have been there, done that.  You can still earn points every day.  You have to go thru all the Tools and Calculators too see which ones will open for you. Somedays of the week you may be surprised with 600 points for a calculator. Somedays you may find a quizz will open with 1200 points.!  Usually I find these tools and calculators open at random. Sundays and the 1st of each month give you a chance to really rack 'em up. If you are patient and serious about this, the points are there. You can get 1200 points for one quiz on Sundays. I believe it is the Money Saving Skill Quiz in the 3rd row towards the bottom. 

Like I stated, every day brings new opportunities to earn 'hidden' points. I only found this out by going thru  everything on the page, everyday for an entire month, always starting on the 1st of each month. It can be draining, but fullfilling if you just happen to click on the right one. Also, if you purchase an item from DAILY DEALS and FEATURED MERCHANDISE, you will receive an 'insert' with your order. I have always received no less than 1000 points ! Its like a little thank you for your purchase. If you win an auction, you are also rewarded with points. With this said, I hope it helps clear up any confusion. Remember, you can always call a REP for info. I hope this helps. BE WELL.

MS. JOAN ANTOINETTE BURTON
Info Seeker

Message 13 of 67 (3,031 Views)

How does one achieve 5000 points per day?  

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 67 (2,735 Views)

5000 points per day

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 15 of 67 (2,751 Views)

sjean65 -

On your comment:  "We should be able to see by some indicator which ones come back each week and each month.....I have them memorized now after being on the site for over a year but had to do a lot of clicking to get there."

Another thing people can do is bookmark the daily, weekly, and monthly tools.  For example, my browser is Mozilla Firefox, and in my bookmarks toolbar I created folders called Daily, Weekly, & (several) Monthly, which contain bookmarks for the respective tools.  Then all I have to do is select "Open All in Tabs" from the desired bookmark folder, and they all pop open.

Your other comment:  "...until today when I logged on to the new improved website and cannot even find earn points on Rewards for Good.

LOL!  I know what you mean!  I could not get to the Auctions by normal methods recently, but I *could* get to them by clicking a link in one of the Rewards for Good emails.  I suspect things will be find-able, after they iron out some of the kinks.

Conversationalist

Message 16 of 67 (2,770 Views)

hello,  some info in case anyone is still looking at this topic.........once you have completed all the quizzes most if them do not ever come back.

Others:  calculators ,surveys and a few quizzes do return.  a few daily,  more each week....(.on sunday) and even more each month on the 1st of a new month.    and yes ...it is not a user friendly program but i have seen and worked on and with worse.

Once you have gone through the list and done everything one time and get into the Sunday and once a month  groove, it becomes easier.  I mostly just log in once a week and at month beginning now.

And I have accumulated over 300,000  points and won two auctions.  It just takes some time and timing if you want to work it.   It is a bit awkward but definitly not a rip off or an intentional issue.  AARP is giving us something and it is FREE .....it is just not a very user friendly program. 

We should be able to see by some indicator which ones come back each week and each month.....I have them memorized now after being on the site for over a year but had to do a lot of clicking to get there.

Overall   I have enjoyed the challlenge of it....kind of like a puzzle Smiley Happy........until today when I logged on to the new improved website and cannot even find earn points on Rewards for Good.    So....I will be trying to find where I can earn points.....cannot see it anywhere today.   Another puzzle to solve. 

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 67 (2,817 Views)

Conversationalist

Message 18 of 67 (3,366 Views)
A Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet just went for 317,800 points. Impossible to earn that many points in the time this program has been available (March of 2014). They are suspending people for suspicious activity (see another thread), but still allow others with impossible point totals to bid and win these auctions. Very disheartening that they will not give us straight answers.
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 67 (3,585 Views)

Sandy, it really isn't very likely unless I am missing something.  A chevron gift card ended on 8/6 with a winning bid of 256,360 points.  If I subtract out approximately 40,000 points available through quizzes that still leaves 216,360 points needed.  At 150 per day with a fitbit that is 1442 days or almost 4 years.  Even allowing for daily logins it is still almost three years of daily activity.  The program has not been around that long.  PLUS, the person would be "working" for the equivalent of 10 cents a day for three years to earn that card - not very likely.  PLUS, at least two people needed that many points to bid that high.  There is something wrong with this picture.  Someone is scamming the system somehow.  You should look into how anyone can be manufacturing that many points.  I would love to see their point history. 

Community Manager

Message 20 of 67 (3,633 Views)

@barbksom

I mentioned several additional ways you can earn points in the post to JHFgirl above.  It's possible.  An example is the ability to earn 150 points a day for walking 10K steps.  However, that can't happen unless you have a fitbit and have taken the time to connect it with your Rewards for Good account.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team