The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Community Manager

Re: Rewards for Good - earning points in games & more

Message 21 of 67 (4,617 Views)

@JHFgirl

Continue to check back with the earned point’s page (http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/earn-points.html).  We continue to add additional opportunities as they become available.  You might have noticed the “New!” reference before the new items.   

Have you opted in to receive promotional emails from Rewards for Good?  These promotional emails often have promotional codes allowing you to earn more points.  Follow these steps to ensure you get these promotional emails.

1.    From the Rewards for Good site (http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/), click the REDEEM POINTS button

Redeem Points

2.    From the Rewards for Good Redemption site (http://rewards.aarp.org/gateway?t=marketplace), click the “Account” option across the top of the webpage.  This is your account area for the program.

Account

3.    From your Rewards for Good Account site, click the Email Preferences option along the left side of the page.  If the box is checked, it on.  Make you selections and be sure to save your changes via the red button.  You also have the ability to update your email address if needed.

Email Preferences

Do you have a Fitbit?  Connect your Fitbit wearable device (that tracks your sleep, steps, distance and calories) to your AARP.org account and automatically earn points when you hit fitness milestones.  Learn more >> http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/fitness/.

Games, Ready to play better?  Use your R4G points towards the purchase of “Power Ups/Coin Packs” Cheats for Games. Right now only 3 games are eligible for this benefit. Those games are marked with special icons that look like coins.

Games

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 22 of 67 (4,694 Views)

Why has this question never been answered by AARP?  How do people accumulate 200,000 points and more when the total of all points available is much less than that?  Where are they getting the points?  Once you take all the quizzes you can only get 100 points or less a day so it is impossible to accumulate that many points.  What is the trick.  Don't send me to the FAQs page.  That does not address this question.

Community Manager

Message 23 of 67 (4,704 Views)

tavo,

You can learn more about the AARP Rewards for Good Program here >>http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/

Sandy

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 67 (4,863 Views)

how dose this  work how can i earn poimts in this way

Community Manager

[ Edited ]
Message 25 of 67 (5,199 Views)

@cwesthuis, the daily login reward for members is 75. The non-member daily login is 50.  If you're a member and not getting the 75 daily login points, call 1.888.687.2277 and talk with a representative who can review your account.

Sandy

cwesthuis wrote:

Thank you. Just noticed that the daily log in reward went down to 50 pts. (Was 75 pts.)  

Conversationalist

Message 26 of 67 (5,214 Views)

oops - correction "winning with 225,000 points" Sorry.

Conversationalist

Message 27 of 67 (5,217 Views)

Thank you. Just noticed that the daily log in reward went down to 50 pts. (Was 75 pts.)  Going to take even longer to accumulate enough points to bid on the high end items, when people are winning with 2225,000 points or more. Does anyone know if at some time in the past, Rewards for Good allowed for faster accumulation of points? That's the only explanation for individuals having these huge point pools with which to bid. Wish AARP would be up front as to how these Auction bidders accumulated point totals of over 200,000 points when daily activities can only earn approximately 150 points. It's only been in existence about a year so someone please do the math and explain this to us. I am not trying to stir up trouble - just looking for an honest answer.

Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 28 of 67 (5,970 Views)

Here are some tips/observations that may help somebody.

If you go to your account listing which details your points history... ( https://rewards.aarp.org/gateway?t=myaccount ), and look it over, you can start to tell which quizzes or calculators are daily and weekly.

For example, it looks like the below are daily:

Health Encyclopedia 15 daily

Drugs A - Z 15 daily

Drug Interaction Checker 15 daily

Symptom Checker 6 daily

Recipes Search 30 daily

Social Security Q&A Tool 30 daily

Job Search tool 30 daily

So that is 141 daily points.

I suspect you could similarly check your points history to figure out which ones are weekly points, and which are monthly points.

Probably some things change, and new quizzes and calculators get added. But this might help some of the frustration of feeling like a person has to constantly click through everything.

Community Manager

Message 29 of 67 (5,977 Views)

cwesthuis,

I don't have a view into your Rewards for Good history.  Would you please call 1.888.687.2277.  An AARP Representative will be happy to help with your Balance Inquiry.  The hours of operation are Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. ET.

Sandy

cwesthuis wrote:

Sandy, my first activity of the day was doing a drup compare and I got "You have exceeded your daily limit for this activity..."  Not sure why it is telling me that. Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Conversationalist

Message 30 of 67 (5,992 Views)

Sandy, my first activity of the day was doing a drup compare and I got "You have exceeded your daily limit for this activity..."  Not sure why it is telling me that. Thanks for any help you can give me.