Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Community Manager

Re: REMOVE the darn floating red strip on your pages, AARP!

Message 1 of 5

To all on this thread,

Thank you for your feedback on our main navigation bar.  We continuously share comments from our community to  AARP’s design and tech team.  The design/tech team uses feedback like this to inform improvements made to the site. It can be a long process sometimes, but we appreciate you bearing with us.

Thank you.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 5

I will stop using the site because I cannot see the content they are streaming - stupid!!!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5

Just one problem with every rework of site something else breaks.

With my iphone floating bar can be dragged outta the way.

I'd love to see the bar disappear for when I use a computer but, can't turn off anything else in my browser. Well, I could but, odds are good I'd forget to turn them back on for the other 100 sites I use per day.

Most of the problems on site can be fixed except for the red bar, by turning OFF - twitter, google,adobe, facebook, 23 other trackers. Problem being I need them elsewhere.

With "Privacy Badger" the ad is gone.

Lotsa luck on AARP fixing the browser issues, I posted my browser image a year ago, no response from AARP.

Frozen

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5

@shschwartz7

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!

But we have complained about it for a long time and nothing has been done - Guess they just don't want their red bar name or the advertising to roll up out of visual line.

The whole upper part of the page needs a rework -

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 5

Please remove the idiotic red banner.  It is stress-inducing!  Not what AARP should be doing to senior citizens!