Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Community Manager

Re: REWARDS POINTS

Message 1 of 10

Hello @rchapman39, I would be happy to help. 

In order to take advantage of earning and cashing in your points, you need to be logged into the AARP site. 

How do I know I'm logged in?

If you are logged into the AARP site you will see your name "Hi," and "YOUR FIRST NAME" appearing across the top red bar like shown in the screen capture below.  The photo below also shows that I have 75K Rewards for Good points.Logged In ViewLogged In View

Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

What do I do if I'm not logged in?

If you're not logged in you will see "Register" and "Login" to the far right of the red top bar.

Not Logged In ViewNot Logged In View Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

Since you've indicated you've already earned 50K points, you need to click on the login.  This will prompt you for your email address and password.

I'm logged in, now what?

Now that you're logged in, click on the "Rewards for Good" link in the upper red bar.  This bar also shows how many points you've earned to date.

Welcome to Rewards for Good.  Click on the "Redeem My Points" link next to the promotional photo.  I've circled it in orange in the photo below.

Rewards For Good Main PageRewards For Good Main Page

Click the photo above to open it in a new browser window.  Doing this will make the photo larger and much clearer to read.

This is the Rewards for Good Redemption Center.  You can redeem your points on local offers, Travel, Merchandise, Gift Cards, Auctions and Sweepstakes.

I'm also provided you with a few additional links to help you with the Rewards for Good program:

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 10
I am just trying to access my points so I can use them...for some reason I am unable to do so!
Community Manager

Message 3 of 10

@ma84442550  Can you provide us with more information.  What quiz are your trying to take where this occurs?  What browser are you using to access this?  You can send this information to community@aarp.org and we would be happy to help you further.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 10

Yes, This happens to me too. I will take a quiz, get the results and no points will be rewarded. Its frustrating. I wish AARP would fix this. 

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 10

Now the points "medal" indicates points are available again for a quiz, but the points are not awarded. This happened on many quizes. I took them a few times each, np points. I do the points for fun, but I would be interested in hearing if people found that merchants were not honoring the discount coupons or cards. 

Community Manager

Message 6 of 10

@mgddebi,

Some of the quizzes and tools can be taken/used daily and other are less frequent, such as once a week/month or once in a lifetime.  The badges will help you determine whether you can take the activity again or not.

Promo codes are another way to earn more point.  Promo codes appear in every Rewards for Good newsletter (sent twice a week) and also in the weekly AARP Webletter.  If you want more promo codes ensure you're signed up for these.  

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team
Silver Conversationalist

Message 7 of 10
I'm having the same issue and noticed you cab earn points (50 per $1 but only on certain items s) if you connect you Walgreens card to your AARP card.. Search AARP Walgreens for more info. I just connected my accounts and I am waiting to see if it works.
Info Seeker +

Message 8 of 10

Hello, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness but I just read that you can't give or transfer reward points. Go ahead and use them, try a Auction that's really fun!  I have won a $50 Foot Locker and $100 Restuarant.com gift card.  

I'm still trying figure out how to earn more points after have completed all the quizes.  Wonder where else I can earn points. Well good luck to you!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 10

mgddebi wrote:

I have done every quiz and have gone back to each one and the badge say's "already done." How do I earn more points?  I see some people have 200,000 points, how did they earn so many?  I love doing the auctions and want to earn more points, can anybody please help me? I'd really appreciate your input, have a wonderful day!!!

These points are worthless.  I currently have 62,600 points and if you can get AARP to transfer my points to you, I give my permission. 

Info Seeker +

REWARDS POINTS

Message 10 of 10

I have done every quiz and have gone back to each one and the badge say's "already done." How do I earn more points?  I see some people have 200,000 points, how did they earn so many?  I love doing the auctions and want to earn more points, can anybody please help me? I'd really appreciate your input, have a wonderful day!!!