How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Message 1 of 40 (94 Views)

That's fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 40 (104 Views)

@HokiePoq  After today's 2000+ point earning I have 681,000 points. And nothing to spend them on. LOL.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 40 (117 Views)

I don't know what they were thinking by changing the auctions like that...totally putting the honest folks out of business.  I had won several auctions over a period of time, all of them the short term ones like Wednesday afternoon ones as I've never had hundreds of thousands of points.  I did check the auctions very frequently in hopes of the power play coming up for the day.  Now there is no point, power play or not.   The new way only makes it easy for someone who is getting points in ways not listed on the page AARP lists all the time,   If you work as hard as @Epster does, you don't throw down hundreds of thousands of points for a $5-10 gift card.  Sorry you won't be posting again.  I can't imagine this change is generating more clicks for advertising purposes, either.   While I used to be on the auction page very frequently....every 15 minutes if I was home all day...now there are 0 clicks by me.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 40 (130 Views)

I will not be posting again.  Apparently they aren't goint to go back to the old way of auctions where everyone could play and now only a handful can.  The same thing I saw on the sweepstakes most of the winners were from down south or New York.  I don't know how they are doing this.  I've also noticed on some of the big items in the sweepstakes that they say pending and never seem to have a winner.  If someone doesn't acknowledge it after a month or two they should pick someone else.  Who is getting these prizes?  Good luck to everyone, I don't even know if anyone cares about our opinions about this and for some reason they think it's fair.

Message 5 of 40 (242 Views)

bw508 wrote:

how do you get double points on 6-1- 17 .. 1200 points Thanks

@bw508  That's the Money Saving Skills Quiz under the Save More section on the earning page.  This quiz currently renews on Sunday and the first of each month.

Have fun!

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker +

Message 6 of 40 (251 Views)

how do you get double points on 6-1- 17 .. 1200 points Thanks

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 40 (325 Views)

HokiePoq wrote:

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

@HokiePoq A thundering Hurrah! and a Huzzbah! to boot to you for earning rewards points!

Here's what I've discovered about those calculators: if the rewards badge is on the left, I click on the 'calculate' button (the one on the left, as shown below).

click calculate to get your points.png 

If, however, as used to be the norm before the calculators required repair, the badge is near the center of the calculator, click on 'view report' (as shown below) to get your points. 

click 'view report' to get your points.png

Like you, I've enjoyed the opportunity to brush up on my Spanish via these tasks. While it is helpful knowing a bit of Spanish to complete the multi-page calculators, in my experience you can just click willy nilly on quiz answers and still get your points. Smiley Happy 

Some of the calculators refresh weekly (on Sunday) and some of them renew at the first of each month. I think I posted the list last month. Somewhere. LOL. The good news is that I tag all these tip posts with r4g earn points so a search will help you find those posts. Smiley Happy (If you get email notices, those posts may be in your email account, too.)

Thanks for letting me know the tips are working for you. Here's hoping the auction prices come down to reasonable levels soon! Smiley Happy

Came back to mention: if the rewards badge doesn't show, I turn turn off Abblocker and refresh the page. Voila! Where there's a badge with a number in it, there's rewards! For expired (or broken) tasks, this does not work, but if there are points to be earned, it does.

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 40 (333 Views)

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 40 (516 Views)

CatGiorgia66 wrote:

I took three quizzes today and got credit for only one.  This is ridiculous!  We've been complaining about this problem for months, and you still haven't fixed it?!?!?!?!?

@CatGiorgia66 Calling Customer Service can resolve issues like this. (I mean until they fix the problems. Smiley Wink)

Customer Service at 1-866-451-6305 Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET, and on Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 10 of 40 (523 Views)

I took three quizzes today and got credit for only one.  This is ridiculous!  We've been complaining about this problem for months, and you still haven't fixed it?!?!?!?!?