Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Message 51 of 86 (752 Views)

bw508 wrote:

how do you get double points on 6-1- 17 .. 1200 points Thanks

@bw508  That's the Money Saving Skills Quiz under the Save More section on the earning page.  This quiz currently renews on Sunday and the first of each month.

Have fun!

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker +

Message 52 of 86 (737 Views)

how do you get double points on 6-1- 17 .. 1200 points Thanks

[ Edited ]
Message 53 of 86 (809 Views)

HokiePoq wrote:

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

@HokiePoq A thundering Hurrah! and a Huzzbah! to boot to you for earning rewards points!

Here's what I've discovered about those calculators: if the rewards badge is on the left, I click on the 'calculate' button (the one on the left, as shown below).

click calculate to get your points.png 

If, however, as used to be the norm before the calculators required repair, the badge is near the center of the calculator, click on 'view report' (as shown below) to get your points. 

click 'view report' to get your points.png

Like you, I've enjoyed the opportunity to brush up on my Spanish via these tasks. While it is helpful knowing a bit of Spanish to complete the multi-page calculators, in my experience you can just click willy nilly on quiz answers and still get your points. Smiley Happy 

Some of the calculators refresh weekly (on Sunday) and some of them renew at the first of each month. I think I posted the list last month. Somewhere. LOL. The good news is that I tag all these tip posts with r4g earn points so a search will help you find those posts. Smiley Happy (If you get email notices, those posts may be in your email account, too.)

Thanks for letting me know the tips are working for you. Here's hoping the auction prices come down to reasonable levels soon! Smiley Happy

Came back to mention: if the rewards badge doesn't show, I turn turn off Abblocker and refresh the page. Voila! Where there's a badge with a number in it, there's rewards! For expired (or broken) tasks, this does not work, but if there are points to be earned, it does.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 54 of 86 (744 Views)

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

[ Edited ]
Message 55 of 86 (922 Views)

CatGiorgia66 wrote:

I took three quizzes today and got credit for only one.  This is ridiculous!  We've been complaining about this problem for months, and you still haven't fixed it?!?!?!?!?

@CatGiorgia66 Calling Customer Service can resolve issues like this. (I mean until they fix the problems. Smiley Wink)

Customer Service at 1-866-451-6305 Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET, and on Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 56 of 86 (924 Views)

I took three quizzes today and got credit for only one.  This is ridiculous!  We've been complaining about this problem for months, and you still haven't fixed it?!?!?!?!?

[ Edited ]
Message 57 of 86 (971 Views)

dg1070 wrote:

I tried the recipe search to get points and everytime I do this it sends me a message to login. Logs me out?  Any idea why?

I've had it do that. 

So I cleared my cache (deleted browsing history). Closed and reopened my browser and voila! Let us know if this works for you. Fingers crossed!

BTW, I was going to post this yesterday but ran out of time: the recipe search is working again. Last week the recipes wouldn't load, so I clicked on the second link that came up after searching for recipes, and that second link contained a link to the recipe database that worked. Extra clicks, but so what. Smiley Happy

But yesterday and today the direct link (first in the list) worked. Yay!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 58 of 86 (973 Views)

I tried the recipe search to get points and everytime I do this it sends me a message to login. Logs me out?  Any idea why?

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 59 of 86 (1,114 Views)
So true. The whole thing is frustrating. I'll continue to not waste my time with R4G, unless I'm really just looking to pass time - dentist, doctor, etc.
Chloe

Message 60 of 86 (1,106 Views)

I consider R4G points earning to be a brain game. Every day I approach it with this thought: how many points can I force this system to give up to me today? Smiley Happy