Message 61 of 95 (931 Views)

how do you get double points on 6-1- 17 .. 1200 points Thanks

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

[ Edited ]
Message 62 of 95 (1,006 Views)

HokiePoq wrote:

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

@HokiePoq A thundering Hurrah! and a Huzzbah! to boot to you for earning rewards points!

Here's what I've discovered about those calculators: if the rewards badge is on the left, I click on the 'calculate' button (the one on the left, as shown below).

click calculate to get your points.png 

If, however, as used to be the norm before the calculators required repair, the badge is near the center of the calculator, click on 'view report' (as shown below) to get your points. 

click 'view report' to get your points.png

Like you, I've enjoyed the opportunity to brush up on my Spanish via these tasks. While it is helpful knowing a bit of Spanish to complete the multi-page calculators, in my experience you can just click willy nilly on quiz answers and still get your points. Smiley Happy 

Some of the calculators refresh weekly (on Sunday) and some of them renew at the first of each month. I think I posted the list last month. Somewhere. LOL. The good news is that I tag all these tip posts with r4g earn points so a search will help you find those posts. Smiley Happy (If you get email notices, those posts may be in your email account, too.)

Thanks for letting me know the tips are working for you. Here's hoping the auction prices come down to reasonable levels soon! Smiley Happy

Came back to mention: if the rewards badge doesn't show, I turn turn off Abblocker and refresh the page. Voila! Where there's a badge with a number in it, there's rewards! For expired (or broken) tasks, this does not work, but if there are points to be earned, it does.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 63 of 95 (952 Views)

Epster,

Using your tips I have doubled my points, finally hitting six digits (not quite enough for a $5 card in an auction, lol).   I have used a couple of the calculators but now I'm finding the rest of them broken.   I don't know if you use these more than once and have noticed.  Is there a way around that?  Taking the quizzes in Spanish is fun and I'm learning a bit of language that way....a little bit anyway.

Not sure what I'm earning points for now since I'm priced out of the auctions but have found your techniques very helpful.  Thanks again.

[ Edited ]
Message 64 of 95 (1,130 Views)

CatGiorgia66 wrote:

I took three quizzes today and got credit for only one.  This is ridiculous!  We've been complaining about this problem for months, and you still haven't fixed it?!?!?!?!?

@CatGiorgia66 Calling Customer Service can resolve issues like this. (I mean until they fix the problems. Smiley Wink)

Customer Service at 1-866-451-6305 Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET, and on Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 65 of 95 (1,132 Views)

I took three quizzes today and got credit for only one.  This is ridiculous!  We've been complaining about this problem for months, and you still haven't fixed it?!?!?!?!?

[ Edited ]
Message 66 of 95 (1,185 Views)

dg1070 wrote:

I tried the recipe search to get points and everytime I do this it sends me a message to login. Logs me out?  Any idea why?

I've had it do that. 

So I cleared my cache (deleted browsing history). Closed and reopened my browser and voila! Let us know if this works for you. Fingers crossed!

BTW, I was going to post this yesterday but ran out of time: the recipe search is working again. Last week the recipes wouldn't load, so I clicked on the second link that came up after searching for recipes, and that second link contained a link to the recipe database that worked. Extra clicks, but so what. Smiley Happy

But yesterday and today the direct link (first in the list) worked. Yay!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 67 of 95 (1,186 Views)

I tried the recipe search to get points and everytime I do this it sends me a message to login. Logs me out?  Any idea why?

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 68 of 95 (1,328 Views)
So true. The whole thing is frustrating. I'll continue to not waste my time with R4G, unless I'm really just looking to pass time - dentist, doctor, etc.
Chloe

Message 69 of 95 (1,321 Views)

I consider R4G points earning to be a brain game. Every day I approach it with this thought: how many points can I force this system to give up to me today? Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Message 70 of 95 (1,384 Views)

BeachGirl23 wrote:

I've been doing R4G for over 10 years and have seen quite a few changes in auction bid amounts and sweeps prizes over that period. I have tried my hardest to get more than my 90K points - pitiful I know - but get very frustrated when I click on a quiz only to find I already did it after I have waited for it to load. The person I mentioned in my post from customer service suggested I keep a spreadsheet with my R4G info in it including what I've already earned points on. Does anybody do this? I have a small business (HA! Very small as it's only me) and I manage it with my trusty spreadsheet so doing one for R4G is doable but sounds alot like work to me. I simply don't have the time.  I'm afraid R4G takes more committment than I am willing to put into it. That is fine as it is my choice. Perhaps someday life will slow down for me and I'll be able to devote the time and effort you and others are putting into it.

I am methodical: I started in the upper left corner of each section and went down the row until it was completed. Then I moved to the top of the next row. Initially (perhaps the first month) I spent over an hour a day on R4G. I was rehabbing a leg and needed to elevate it, so that wasn't an issue. After I worked all that was then available to me, the time spent daily reduced to about 6 minutes a day, maybe 15 on Sundays and probably close to half an hour at the first of the month. I do have a fast Internet connection and computer, which maybe helps, but I just go directly to the tasks that give points, work them and move on.

Every so often I spot check other tasks to see if they have been reset (I've earned thousands of surprise points this way) and, since I'm at R4G every day, new tasks stick out and I work them generally the week they are added.

Writing up the tips has taken some time, however I see so many people wondering how to earn points, and the auctions going for such ridiculously high point values, that I wanted to help if I could.

My best tip is this: Don't waste your time on the auctions! Buy the gift cards. Smiley Happy I never bid on the auctions. I consider them a waste ot time. If, like AARP has said, the required points to win soon reverts to something reasonable, perhaps at some point in the future I'll bid on auctions, but when a $10 Whole Foods gift card sells for 500,000 (made up example) then that $10 'discount' is actually costing the 'winner' $5000 worth of rewards points. Pointless. 

I say earn the points now, keep asking that AARP offer us better Rewards values, and spend your hard earned points on better 'priced' rewards.