Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

[ Edited ]
Message 71 of 86 (1,043 Views)

dg1070 wrote:

Yes, I've also noticed today the biginning of the month many opened up especially under the save more sections.  It shows there should be points to earn but it doesn't give you the points.  Sometimes when I call in the Rewards for good number they send me to customer service saying they don't put in the quizes and they send me back to Rewards for good.  I've asked them which ones open up daily, weekly, monthly and yearly but no one knows or has a list.  That would save a lot of time.

@dg1070 Here's that list you were hoping for. It's the list of what tasks I was able to do today to earn those 4776 points. I've posted the Sunday and the weekday list on that other thread. There are other ways to earn points --I mean ways I cannot do and am unable to talk about from experience-- things like Fitbit steps, I think some games, possibly some webinars and videos and some tasks that may require that you have the program Flash installed (which I don't use for security reasons).

May you earn ooodles of points and win lots of auctions!

I promised elsewhere to post screengrabs of the points I earned at the first of the month; however comments on that thread have been closed, so I'm posting here.

Today, a number of (I'm just being polite: most of is more accurate) the monthly renewing calculators show points available but are unwilling to award those points. Tomorrow I shall try again with a cleared cache and a rebooted computer ... and possibly a different browser. I'll list the calculators that did not work for me today in a bit, but first, here are the promised screengrabs of today's earnings. (4776 points)

first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 72 of 86 (1,057 Views)

Yes, I've also noticed today the biginning of the month many opened up especially under the save more sections.  It shows there should be points to earn but it doesn't give you the points.  Sometimes when I call in the Rewards for good number they send me to customer service saying they don't put in the quizes and they send me back to Rewards for good.  I've asked them which ones open up daily, weekly, monthly and yearly but no one knows or has a list.  That would save a lot of time.

Message 73 of 86 (1,084 Views)

HokiePoq wrote:

I am in awe of the work you've put into earning your points.  I have made some progress with your suggestions.  Tried the magazine thing but didn't see where you got points for that.  Maybe I didn't continue long enough as I had an appointment.

I do think that the huge bids are being made by those who don't spend as much effort as you do.  However, if there is a game or games that gives points, that might explain it.  It isn't the Fitbit thing although I'm thinking of doing that even though I don't think it will generate huge amounts of points.  

I will be offline for a few weeks on vacation....now to restain myself from getting a big phone bill checking into Rewards for Good.   

I don't think I have Flash, either.  That might explain why I could not click on the points popup that appeared yesterday.

LOL! I've got it down to a science. I did get hung up today over all these non-working calculators. I might even go ahead and just call Rewards for Good tomorrow to get the points added rather than try to rework the calculators for a third time. LOL.

Hey, have a great trip! Enjoy your vacation! Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Gold Conversationalist

Message 74 of 86 (1,086 Views)

I am in awe of the work you've put into earning your points.  I have made some progress with your suggestions.  Tried the magazine thing but didn't see where you got points for that.  Maybe I didn't continue long enough as I had an appointment.

I do think that the huge bids are being made by those who don't spend as much effort as you do.  However, if there is a game or games that gives points, that might explain it.  It isn't the Fitbit thing although I'm thinking of doing that even though I don't think it will generate huge amounts of points.  

I will be offline for a few weeks on vacation....now to restain myself from getting a big phone bill checking into Rewards for Good.   

I don't think I have Flash, either.  That might explain why I could not click on the points popup that appeared yesterday.

[ Edited ]
Message 75 of 86 (1,125 Views)

whoops, typo fix, sorry all for the renotification

@dg1070, @HammH@gh76837634@grandmachloe@HokiePoq@es14589767@BarkleyHound 

I've @'ed you here because you were interested in the previous, now closed-to-replies, thread about the Rewards program. Smiley Happy Please see my post above as well, for more ways to earn points.

June 1, 2017 Non-Working Rewards for Good Calculators

With the exception of the Spanish language tasks as noted, these calculators bear a badge that claims to have points to award, however, they do not award the points. This represents 1380 points I’m out today (or rather, this month, as I was able to earn 4776 points today, so it’s actually 1380 points I’ll be out tomorrow if these calculators still do not work).

Long-term Care Calculator 75 points
Credit Card Payoff Calculator 75 points
Mortgage Payoff Calculator 150 points
Pay Off Credit Cards in Spanish has never worked for me I think because I don’t have Flash
Home Budget Calculator 30 points
Health Savings Account vs Traditional Health Plan 300 points
Mortgage Payoff in Spanish has never worked for me (see above)
Home Rent vs Buy Calculator 75 points
Benefits of Spending less in Spanish has never worked for me (see above)
Traditional IRA Calculator 300 points
Debt Consolidation Calculator 75 points
Net Worth Calculator 75 points
Investment Return Calculator 75 points
Fixed Annuity Calculator 150 points

And here's the take away from these two posts: you should be earning 6,156 points (obviously, this will require two days as there is a 5,000 point per day limit) at the first of each month. More, actually, if those Spanish language calculators work for you.

Best wishes, all.

[ Edited ]
Message 76 of 86 (1,135 Views)

I promised elsewhere to post screengrabs of the points I earned at the first of the month; however comments on that thread have been closed, so I'm posting here.

Today, a number of (I'm just being polite: most of is more accurate) the monthly renewing calculators show points available but are unwilling to award those points. Tomorrow I shall try again with a cleared cache and a rebooted computer ... and possibly a different browser. I'll list the calculators that did not work for me today in a bit, but first, here are the promised screengrabs of today's earnings. (4776 points)

first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4

[ Edited ]
Message 77 of 86 (1,276 Views)

HokiePoq wrote:

Thanks!

Do you know anything about games giving points?   I have wasted literally thousands of hours on games with no points.  Yesterday on two games I always play a screen flashed up briefly about points.  I was unable to get the link clicked on it as it only partially displayed.   I went back to those games multiple times but that screen did not appear again.

Has anyone found which games give points and how to activate that feature?

@HokiePoq I am sorry to say that I do not know a thing about the AARP games. I refuse to install Flash, so the ones I would have played (serious weakness for mahjong) don't work at all for me. I am aware that they have 'fixed' things there, and it sounds like the fixes went about as well as the fixes they perpetrated over on the Rewards for Good web site, which is to say that things are now pretty well mucked up with a capital  f. Smiley Happy

BTW, I spent quite a bit of time looking for ways to get the calculators --most of which are broken-- to give points today. So far nothing has worked. As it is the first of the month, I should be able to earn 5,000 points (and more tomorrow, but these calcs are not playing fair). So far I've earned 4,776. I'll reboot and see if that gets me anywhere. Maybe I'll be able to earn the rest of the monthly reset task points on the morrow. But there are some 75 point tasks remaining that I should be able to make work. Blah blah blah, ugh and argh. Smiley Happy

Best wishes!

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 78 of 86 (1,286 Views)

Thanks!

Do you know anything about games giving points?   I have wasted literally thousands of hours on games with no points.  Yesterday on two games I always play a screen flashed up briefly about points.  I was unable to get the link clicked on it as it only partially displayed.   I went back to those games multiple times but that screen did not appear again.

Has anyone found which games give points and how to activate that feature?

Message 79 of 86 (1,299 Views)

I found four new opportunities to earn rewards points this morning. I know these tasks were not there yesterday, but as two of them only let me earn points in Spanish, and none of them say they are "new", I'm not certain what's what on that score. Anyway, here's a screengrab of the 1,800 extra points, so you all can go get em! Smiley Happy

1,800 'new' (?) rewards points to grab1,800 'new' (?) rewards points to grab

Both the 'Do You Know How to Stay Healthy on a Trip?' and the 'Allergy Symptoms' quiz can be found at the bottom of the A Healthier You section.  (I was only able to get points in the Spanish version: hopefully you'll be able to earn points in both Spanish and English). The other two are at the bottom of the Be in the Know Section.

I also found that the magazines at the very bottom (More Ways to Earn) of the tasks page (AKA earning page) give some big points. You have to go page by page and click on anything that has a Rewards badge. Smiley Happy I was awarded 450 (if memory serves) points for just opening these mags when they were first posted, but found that they actually give 1,125 more points for clicking around.  

Magazines under More Way to Earn.pnghealth exprience 1125 r4g pts .pngMoney experience r4g 1125 pts.pngIf the Beauty mag gives 1,125 points, I have yet to figure out how. Smiley Happy

Now if only our Rewards points had a decent value for all this clicking.

Message 80 of 86 (1,420 Views)

HokiePoq wrote:

Thanks for the great reply.   Not sure I'm up to all that but will take a look.   Was glad to hear it took that long to earn the half million points and not something people were doing on a weekly basis.   

@HokiePoq Hearing that!

I have fought with the R4G system for the last year. It's been a broken mess, so for me, every point I manage to make it give me is a point well earned. Smiley Happy That said, because it has taken time to find work-arounds, I just don't spend my points. They are too precious. LOL.