Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Regular Contributor

Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Is anyone else as surprised as I am by the large number of points some members have on Rewards for Goods?

I like taking some of the quizzes. I've signed up for newsletters and I try to go on the website daily but I'm still no where close to the thousands of points I see some people have.

How do they do it?  When I look over quizzes to take, there is no way to know if I've taken it before. I wish it would highlight in red or a star* or something to let me know which quizzes I have yet to take. Thanks for your input. 

Chloe
Honored Social Butterfly

@Epster wrote:

Welp ... I went back, adblocker off, cache cleared, plenty of points left in my 5,000 point a day limit and not one of the newly labeled DOUBLE POINTS tasks had any points for me.

Sumptin smells fishy in Denmark.

I went back and coaxed 300 points each out of the Spanish versions of the Retirement and Social Security calculators.

Retirement and SS benefits calculators Spanish version.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Gold Conversationalist

Thanks for the great reply.   Not sure I'm up to all that but will take a look.   Was glad to hear it took that long to earn the half million points and not something people were doing on a weekly basis.   

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

Thanks for the great reply.   Not sure I'm up to all that but will take a look.   Was glad to hear it took that long to earn the half million points and not something people were doing on a weekly basis.   

@HokiePoq Hearing that!

I have fought with the R4G system for the last year. It's been a broken mess, so for me, every point I manage to make it give me is a point well earned. 🙂 That said, because it has taken time to find work-arounds, I just don't spend my points. They are too precious. LOL.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

I found four new opportunities to earn rewards points this morning. I know these tasks were not there yesterday, but as two of them only let me earn points in Spanish, and none of them say they are "new", I'm not certain what's what on that score. Anyway, here's a screengrab of the 1,800 extra points, so you all can go get em! 🙂

1,800 'new' (?) rewards points to grab1,800 'new' (?) rewards points to grab

Both the 'Do You Know How to Stay Healthy on a Trip?' and the 'Allergy Symptoms' quiz can be found at the bottom of the A Healthier You section.  (I was only able to get points in the Spanish version: hopefully you'll be able to earn points in both Spanish and English). The other two are at the bottom of the Be in the Know Section.

I also found that the magazines at the very bottom (More Ways to Earn) of the tasks page (AKA earning page) give some big points. You have to go page by page and click on anything that has a Rewards badge. 🙂 I was awarded 450 (if memory serves) points for just opening these mags when they were first posted, but found that they actually give 1,125 more points for clicking around.  

Magazines under More Way to Earn.pnghealth exprience 1125 r4g pts .pngMoney experience r4g 1125 pts.pngIf the Beauty mag gives 1,125 points, I have yet to figure out how. 🙂

Now if only our Rewards points had a decent value for all this clicking.

Gold Conversationalist

Thanks!

Do you know anything about games giving points?   I have wasted literally thousands of hours on games with no points.  Yesterday on two games I always play a screen flashed up briefly about points.  I was unable to get the link clicked on it as it only partially displayed.   I went back to those games multiple times but that screen did not appear again.

Has anyone found which games give points and how to activate that feature?

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

Thanks!

Do you know anything about games giving points?   I have wasted literally thousands of hours on games with no points.  Yesterday on two games I always play a screen flashed up briefly about points.  I was unable to get the link clicked on it as it only partially displayed.   I went back to those games multiple times but that screen did not appear again.

Has anyone found which games give points and how to activate that feature?

@HokiePoq I am sorry to say that I do not know a thing about the AARP games. I refuse to install Flash, so the ones I would have played (serious weakness for mahjong) don't work at all for me. I am aware that they have 'fixed' things there, and it sounds like the fixes went about as well as the fixes they perpetrated over on the Rewards for Good web site, which is to say that things are now pretty well mucked up with a capital  f. 🙂

BTW, I spent quite a bit of time looking for ways to get the calculators --most of which are broken-- to give points today. So far nothing has worked. As it is the first of the month, I should be able to earn 5,000 points (and more tomorrow, but these calcs are not playing fair). So far I've earned 4,776. I'll reboot and see if that gets me anywhere. Maybe I'll be able to earn the rest of the monthly reset task points on the morrow. But there are some 75 point tasks remaining that I should be able to make work. Blah blah blah, ugh and argh. 🙂

Best wishes!

Honored Social Butterfly

I promised elsewhere to post screengrabs of the points I earned at the first of the month; however comments on that thread have been closed, so I'm posting here.

Today, a number of (I'm just being polite: most of is more accurate) the monthly renewing calculators show points available but are unwilling to award those points. Tomorrow I shall try again with a cleared cache and a rebooted computer ... and possibly a different browser. I'll list the calculators that did not work for me today in a bit, but first, here are the promised screengrabs of today's earnings. (4776 points)

first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4

Honored Social Butterfly

@BeachGirl23  Both lists are on this thread. Here's the First of The Month. I found it by clicking on grand machloe's link in the previous post, and going to her first R4G post. You'll fnd the Sunday list here too. 

@Epster wrote:

I promised elsewhere to post screengrabs of the points I earned at the first of the month; however comments on that thread have been closed, so I'm posting here.

Today, a number of (I'm just being polite: most of is more accurate) the monthly renewing calculators show points available but are unwilling to award those points. Tomorrow I shall try again with a cleared cache and a rebooted computer ... and possibly a different browser. I'll list the calculators that did not work for me today in a bit, but first, here are the promised screengrabs of today's earnings. (4776 points)

first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4

Honored Social Butterfly

There's a new Rewards for Good thread in which we are listing things that do not work as we wish, or that are broken or a royal pain in the rear. The idea is to gather information for a future Rewards for Good Troubleshooting/FAQ post.

If you have something to add, please do:

http://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/Rewards-for-Good-Trouble-Shooting/m-p/1903211#M3506

@grandmachloe @BeachGirl23 @HokiePoq @CatGiorgia66 @AARPTeri

Super Contributor

Thank you, Epster, for doing this.  It's the sort of thing I'd usually do if I had the time.  Today, for instance, I spent 24 minutes on the phone with a bank which will go un-named, because a funds-transfer which was supposed to be processed before August 31st in order for me to earn a $200 bonus, got scheduled for today, Sept. 5th.  Nobody at said bank could figure out what caused the delay, but a supervisor promised me that she'd made a manual note on my account to make sure I get the $200.  I won't know if the issue is taken care of until 6 to 8 weeks has passed. 

I'm just posting this as an illustration of the sort of trouble-shooting that I find myself doing at least once per month.  Anywho...  I hope the new thread works; I've subscribed to it so I'll get updates and, if anything new happens at my end, I'll post it there.

Super Contributor

Quick update on the $200: The bank deposited the $200 bonus in my money market account fairly quickly -- actually earlier than I expected it. So it seems that SOME companies can fix their errors.
Periodic Contributor

how do you get double points on 6-1- 17 .. 1200 points Thanks

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@bw508 wrote:

how do you get double points on 6-1- 17 .. 1200 points Thanks

@bw508  That's the Money Saving Skills Quiz under the Save More section on the earning page.  This quiz currently renews on Sunday and the first of each month.

Have fun!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Epster

Thank you for your updates on this thread.  The calculators have been updated and are working this morning.  If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know.

AARPTeri
Honored Social Butterfly

Wooo hooo!  Thanks for the heads up, @AARPTeri!

Hey all, I just claimed an extra 1305 points by working the repaired calculators. Note that some of them (second list, below) have never worked for me, I think because I do not have Flash installed. But they may give up points to you, so try 'em!

There is a trick to getting these points. It goes like this: First off, I turned off my adblocker. Then ... open one of the listed calculators; click on the report button; then click on the print button. DON'T WASTE YOUR INK OR PAPER! Instead, click on the cancel button on the print job pop-up. Then you'll get the Points Awarded pop-up. Pretty easy, and hey, did I mention I got 1305 points from the first calculator list below? 🙂 Go get em!

Credit Card Payoff Calculator 75 points
Mortgage Payoff Calculator 150 points
Home Budget Calculator 30 points
Health Savings Account vs Traditional Health Plan 300 points
Home Rent vs Buy Calculator 75 points
Traditional IRA Calculator 300 points
Debt Consolidation Calculator 75 points
Net Worth Calculator 75 points
Investment Return Calculator 75 points
Fixed Annuity Calculator 150 points

These did not give me points today. The last two, I think, are renewed monthly, so we’ll just have to wait for July, I guess.
xPay Off Credit Cards in Spanish has never worked for me I think because I don’t have Flash
xMortgage Payoff in Spanish has never worked for me (see above)
xBenefits of Spending Less in Spanish
XBenefits of Spending Less in English
xLong-term Care Calculator

Honored Social Butterfly

whoops, typo fix, sorry all for the renotification

@dg1070, @HammH@gh76837634@grandmachloe@HokiePoq@es14589767@BarkleyHound 

I've @'ed you here because you were interested in the previous, now closed-to-replies, thread about the Rewards program. 🙂 Please see my post above as well, for more ways to earn points.

June 1, 2017 Non-Working Rewards for Good Calculators

With the exception of the Spanish language tasks as noted, these calculators bear a badge that claims to have points to award, however, they do not award the points. This represents 1380 points I’m out today (or rather, this month, as I was able to earn 4776 points today, so it’s actually 1380 points I’ll be out tomorrow if these calculators still do not work).

Long-term Care Calculator 75 points
Pay Off Credit Cards in Spanish has never worked for me I think because I don’t have Flash
Mortgage Payoff in Spanish has never worked for me (see above)
Benefits of Spending less in Spanish has never worked for me (see above)

And here's the take away from these two posts: you should be earning 6,156 points (obviously, this will require two days as there is a 5,000 point per day limit) at the first of each month. More, actually, if those Spanish language calculators work for you.

Best wishes, all.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Epster wrote:

@dg1070, @HammH@gh76837634@grandmachloe@HokiePoq@es14589767@BarkleyHound 

Long-term Care Calculator 75 points
Pay Off Credit Cards in Spanish 
Mortgage Payoff in Spanish 
Benefits of Spending less in Spanish 

Hey yowse guys!  I just called the Rewards for Good customer service line and got the missing points added to my account (she gave me 1,500 points). Here's that phone number: For questions or concerns regarding Rewards for Good, please call 1-888-842-2891. She will verify that you were not give the points and add them if in fact that was the case. Regards!

Regular Contributor

Thank you, I hope they fix this.
Honored Social Butterfly

@dg1070 wrote:
Thank you, I hope they fix this.

Super welcome! 🙂

I asked the rep about an ETA; she has nuttin. It'll get fixed if/when it gets fixed. Meanwhile, though, I'm going to keep trying to earn the points and when I do not, I shall call again and get the points added to my account. Ev-er-y time. 🙂 

I urge everyone else to do the same. 🙂 Because fair is fair and right is right.

BTB, I checked this AM: she added 1555 points over the non-working calculators. Wheeeeeee! 

Gold Conversationalist

I am in awe of the work you've put into earning your points.  I have made some progress with your suggestions.  Tried the magazine thing but didn't see where you got points for that.  Maybe I didn't continue long enough as I had an appointment.

I do think that the huge bids are being made by those who don't spend as much effort as you do.  However, if there is a game or games that gives points, that might explain it.  It isn't the Fitbit thing although I'm thinking of doing that even though I don't think it will generate huge amounts of points.  

I will be offline for a few weeks on vacation....now to restain myself from getting a big phone bill checking into Rewards for Good.   

I don't think I have Flash, either.  That might explain why I could not click on the points popup that appeared yesterday.

Honored Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq wrote:

I am in awe of the work you've put into earning your points.  I have made some progress with your suggestions.  Tried the magazine thing but didn't see where you got points for that.  Maybe I didn't continue long enough as I had an appointment.

I do think that the huge bids are being made by those who don't spend as much effort as you do.  However, if there is a game or games that gives points, that might explain it.  It isn't the Fitbit thing although I'm thinking of doing that even though I don't think it will generate huge amounts of points.  

I will be offline for a few weeks on vacation....now to restain myself from getting a big phone bill checking into Rewards for Good.   

I don't think I have Flash, either.  That might explain why I could not click on the points popup that appeared yesterday.

LOL! I've got it down to a science. I did get hung up today over all these non-working calculators. I might even go ahead and just call Rewards for Good tomorrow to get the points added rather than try to rework the calculators for a third time. LOL.

Hey, have a great trip! Enjoy your vacation! 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

@grandmachloe Hello, and welcome to the online community!

This question comes up a lot. A lot. 😉 I haven't checked in months, but I assume the scenario goes like this: a $10 Walmart gift card offered on points-only auction sold for upwards of 200,000 points. Or a $100 gas card auctioned for 600,000 points. Am I close?

I really cannot explain that. I, like others, believe the system is hacked or that some sort of fraud is happening there. So I stay away and instead use my points to buy gift cards and such.

Here's why I suspect the points-only auctions have been compromised: I've been earning points for about 3 years. I have earned every point available to me (given my use of adblocker, security software and other factors); have spent about 80,000 of them and currently have just under 600,000. No way will I consider spending all of those points on a $100 gas card. I cannot explain why someone who spent a few minutes a day for three years to accrue those points would do this either. Used to buy gift cards, those points are worth about $6,000. So those people spending 200,000 points for a $10 Walmart gift card are paying the equivalent of $2,000. That's crazy! (or so I think)

When you are new, before you've completed every task, there's something like 50,000 points to be earned at the rate of 5,000 per day. At present, I earn about 150 points each day, as I earn 75 points a day for signing onto my Rewards for Good account, plus ~75 points for daily renewable tasks. I'm earning close to 2,000 points on Sundays and just under 5,000 at the first of every month. There are some tasks that allow you to earn the points once, some that refresh daily, some that refresh weekly and some that refresh monthly.

I have recently discovered that some of the tasks I'd long-ago completed could actually give me more points if they included a link to the Spanish version. Not all tasks have a Spanish version, however, so far I've earned an additional 20,000 points this way. (The image below shows the link in red: En espanol) Tip: while it has been fun brushing up on my Spanish, you don't have to get any questions correct in order to earn the points: you just have to click your way through the panels. 🙂

Don't forget to do the daily recipe search. 30 points ain't much, but that does come close to 11,000 points in a year. (You'll have to search the site for the recipe database, as this does not appear on the points earning page)

In addition to this, some people earn points by hooking their Fitbit up to the system. I don't know how this works, because I don't use a Fitbit to track my workouts.

As for keeping track, I've been methodical, working one area, then another. But there's the red and gold points badge that will either look like the one in the image below (says 'what's this') if there are no points to be earned, or will have three question marks in the middle of the badge. If a task will (or more accurately is supposed to) award points, the badge will have the number of points available in the center. (450, 1200, 30, 15, whatever) 

points badge, En espanol.png

Hope this helps. If you've additional questions, ask away. I'll do my best to answer, and if I cannot answer, someone else surely will. 🙂

Regular Contributor

Thanks so much. This helps me to understand a little bit better.
Chloe
Honored Social Butterfly

@grandmachloe You are quite welcome.

Here's information to (hopefully) clarify a couple of things.

4G magnifying glass (search function).pngAbout that recipe search: Go to your Rewards for Good home page. Note the magnifying glass icon in the upper right, next to your name. Click on that and a search field will appear. Type in recipes. 

search for recipes.png

Click 'Go' and you'll see something like this come up:

recipe search.png

Click on the 'Recipe Search' link, and a new search field will appear. I always type in 'points'. You'll get 30 R4G points, plus a recipe for mushroom points. 🙂  

Now, about wresting points from those Spanish language tasks. As stated, not every task has a Spanish language version. Many do. The link (En espanol) is either placed on top of the first quiz image, or below that first quiz image. Though admittedly tedious, it is worth looking for these hidden gems, for these quizzes usually award 450 points. Bonanza! 

En espanol link over top if first question_image.pngEn espanol link under first question or image.png

May we each earn oodles of points and experience loads of happy redemption. 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Just sharing this FWIW:

I ran into a couple of these today while working through some Spanish language tasks. I was not awarded the 450 points. Cannot say if this is a temporary thing or a new approach. I do note that the new quizzes lack a Spanish language version. Waaaa. 🙂

reward is invalid on Spanish language quizzes this morning.png

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP