Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Issue with Papa Johns Gift Cards/Online Order

Regular Contributor

Issue with Papa Johns Gift Cards/Online Order

So I have 2 Papa Johns gift cards, $10 and $5.  I tried to order online a few weeks ago, and had a heck of a time getting even one ($10), to work.  I called the store and they said I couldn't use 2 at the same time.  I couldn't even use 1, so I gave up and ordered from Pizza Hut.    Has anybody else had an issue like this?  I searched online and one suggestion was to select cash and then call the store. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Now I have some good news regarding my issue(s) with Papa Johns.  Papa John's Cashstar support group said the card had NOT been processed through their system. So I tried again.  And this time I was able to use and order a pizza online.  Yeah, didn't lose the $10.   Since others may have had similar issues, here are the steps that worked for me:  1.  Log into Papa Johns, select your store and put your items in the cart.   2.  Apply a discount promo code (I have Capital One shopping enabled on my browser, and the promo code I used saved me 25%.  3. Put in your time/date to pick up and your payment info; in this case, my order was almost $15 and I entered the info for the $10 gift card.  4. Review your order and it will show the promo discount as well as the $10 gift card.  5. Place your order. Then it will show the remaining amount due so I entered a credit card.  Then it successfully acknowledged my order had been placed.        It is too bad you can't use 2 gift cards at once.            

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@susanjski 

Thanks for sharing your problems with using Papa John's cards

online.

I'm sorry for your experience.  But, I will be much more careful

checking balances on all my gift cards going forward.

AndrewToo
Regular Contributor

The website had https://papajohns...... The tip off I should have recognized was the logo was NOT Papa Johns. There is more to this story, however...

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@susanjski Hi Susan, I'm sorry to hear about this issue you're having with the gift cards. Are you receiving an error message when you try to apply the card to your purchase? Be sure to refer to the gift card terms to check the balance and rules. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

OK, I tried to verify the balance for the $10.  Big mistake, I went to a website that looked like a Papa Johns, entered the number and pin, it said invalid; realized what I had done; did verify the balance on a real Papa Johns website; tried to pre-order a pizza, and almost got it finished. Ultimately, the $10 was already gone.  Boo.

Regular Contributor

I had the same problem with Papa Johns gift cards from AARP and also gave up.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP