The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

NEW ENTRY
  • treat each day like its the last

by sc7459 on ‎01-09-2015 11:07 PM

i'm starting this year with  colon surgery each day is a blessing, my goal this year is to  recover

... See more...

i'm starting this year with  colon surgery each day is a blessing, my goal this year is to  recover and inspire and help  as many people as i can and live each day to the fullest !  i want to laugh and sing and travel and meet as many people as i can  and enjoy life ! 

• I need to spend more time with my elderly neighbors; some of them are very lonely and fragile, and I

... See more...

I need to spend more time with my elderly neighbors; some of them are very lonely and fragile, and I notice when I walk in the neighborhood that their age is "catching up with them."  Stopping by more often, checking on them directly or by phone, or bringing things by to brighten their day is what I'm thinking about doing, and I've started already! Smiley Happy

• New Years' Resolution

by marylea30 on ‎01-07-2015 10:50 AM

MY RESOLUTIONS:

NO. 1.  "TO BE THANKFUL EVERY DAY FOR WHAT I HAVE, LEFT RATHER THAN WHAT I HAVE LOST

... See more...

MY RESOLUTIONS:

NO. 1.  "TO BE THANKFUL EVERY DAY FOR WHAT I HAVE, LEFT RATHER THAN WHAT I HAVE LOST" (this concerns mostly health)

• Freedom Isn't Free

by th4083 on ‎01-07-2015 08:56 AM

Hello from a Gold Star Mom whose son passed away as a result of injuries received while serving our

... See more...

Hello from a Gold Star Mom whose son passed away as a result of injuries received while serving our country.

My New Years Resolution is to remember and be thankful each and every day for the sacrifices that not only my son made but the sacrifices that so many other brave men and women made for my freedom.  May 2015 bring joy, happiness, and may we never forget that our freedom was bought with a price.

Always remember this -- "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American soldier.  One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."

• cat foster parent

by LadyLew42 on ‎01-08-2015 05:28 PM

Continue to foster adult cats needing TLC, socialization, and trust renewal via local animal shelter

... See more...

Continue to foster adult cats needing TLC, socialization, and trust renewal via local animal shelter.

• I Will Win

by comptonka on ‎01-07-2015 01:40 PM

I have been battling Complex PTSD for almost two years now. I want this to be the year I win. The ye

... See more...

I have been battling Complex PTSD for almost two years now. I want this to be the year I win. The year I walk among other without constant fear and the year I will use all I have been through to help others become all they can be.

• Healing

by ds8918 on ‎01-07-2015 10:42 AM

This year, I want to declutter and downsize the type and amount of things I have. Starting with the

... See more...

This year, I want to declutter and downsize the type and amount of things I have. Starting with the kitchen. Clear out the old, clean and shine everything and put in healthy life giving meals and snacks. This will yield me a good night's sleep and more energy to exercise and just do the things I want to do with friends and family. Next, go through all the rooms in the house and declutter. REALLY get rid of old papers, books, mags and clothes. I belive I will feel lighter and house work will be quick and easy. I will keep a few precious memorabillia and things that make me smile. I will be picky in my new purchases, assuring that I have less items, but more quality! I look forward to enjoying the journey.  Just do it!!! I also, plan to continue my mornings with God.  Amen

• NEW ME

by tn4474 on ‎01-22-2015 11:52 PM

1999  I made a promise to GOD, my Children and myself i would stop drinking!  IT was a rough battle

... See more...

1999  I made a promise to GOD, my Children and myself i would stop drinking!  IT was a rough battle that my children can attest to, if it wasn't for all theire support i would not STILL be SOBER that was and still is my NEW YEAR RESOLUTION FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY children have a new mom and i got a new life

TINA

• appreciation

by mp1953 on ‎01-11-2015 07:10 PM

I hope to come out of a dark place in my life right now by reminding myself every day that there are

... See more...

I hope to come out of a dark place in my life right now by reminding myself every day that there are people who are much worse off than I am.  What a change it will make!

• Dalai Lama's words for me

by jg5793 on ‎01-11-2015 11:53 AM

Every new year is a time to evaluate your life, well-being and promise to make changes. This year is

... See more...

Every new year is a time to evaluate your life, well-being and promise to make changes. This year is no different. I took an honest look at myself and discovered that I worry so much that it affects my entire life negatively. Only I can change that. And so begins 2015.

The Dalai Lama states, "There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday,and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe and mostly live." It is now my mantra. I must basically talk back gently to that "little self" that is on my shoulder to have a healthy, positive thought pattern. What I think will exude from me and create a world I wish to be a part of. That world is the here and now and I will make it a positive one.

~Mrs. J. Gordon

• help others

by mom26as on ‎01-11-2015 12:48 AM

To stand stronger this year and have more respect for myself. I love helping my friends and family b

... See more...

To stand stronger this year and have more respect for myself. I love helping my friends and family but there are some that are always taking from me and I just let it happen over and over and I can't do that anymore. I'm afraid it will change me into someone I don't like so I have to be able to stand strong and take care of my self and my household and learn how to shake the No tree and teach some that they have to help them selves. I'll make them stronger people too in the long run.  

• Continue to "Pay it Forward"

by tc8644 on ‎01-09-2015 09:15 PM

Going on my 10th year of Paying it forward and helping those in need, 365 days a year.

You too can he

... See more...

Going on my 10th year of Paying it forward and helping those in need, 365 days a year.

You too can help by just smiling at everyone you come in contact with: i.e. Grocery store cashier, gardener, Pharmacy, Walmart Greeter.  By doing so you will spread that smile far and wide all day, everyday.

• Well, I've made a start! I've been on three cruises, flown in an airplane for the first time, and I

... See more...

Well, I've made a start! I've been on three cruises, flown in an airplane for the first time, and I am seventy. I have a few computer skills, hard-earned, I am working on being less dependent, physically, emotionally and every other way on my wonderful children. It is time I got over my fear of being unable to cope on my own and remember the strong young woman I once was

During the 12 years I cared for my husband after a severe stroke, we became more and more withdrawn and isolated. My own personal life came to a screetching halt. My personality changed after he died. I became fearful and uncertain about every decision. I finally gave up my car and my apartment and moved in with my daughter. Here, I stay in my room, feeling like an intruder on her family, even though no one in her family has made me feel that way. I read and lose my self in my books to cope. I am tired of escapism and ready to live again. Getting lost in the airport will not discourage me. I am up, up, and away from now on!  And darn that walker! I am leaving it home next time.

• 2015 New Year's Resolution Contest

by kk36911913 on ‎01-06-2015 12:30 PM

Hi,

I'm Karen and I stay home. For 2015, I will get out of my house and do things....... I am going t

... See more...

Hi,

I'm Karen and I stay home. For 2015, I will get out of my house and do things....... I am going to my Niece's Wedding Feb. 6,2015.

Thank you,Karen Smiley Happy

,Karen H
  • Since God said to cast your cares upon Him, I'm going to

take all the stress and toss it away off my

... See more...

Since God said to cast your cares upon Him, I'm going to

take all the stress and toss it away off my shoulders,

and just follow Jesus my BBF, who knows all things.

I won't Fear anymore, knowing He Loves me because He

is my Father, and He would and has already done everything

for me with His Salvation, Grace and Mercy and Love, above all.

Everyone out there who is sick of being stressed out by the world,

just go to Jesus, the Son of God who Loves to Love you. He's

the Only Way.  Just ask Him if He's there, to show you, and He will....†

• New Year's Resolution for 2015

by ea470714 on ‎01-26-2015 06:51 PM

I am newly retired and in 2015 my New Year's resolution is to write my book!

booklady
  • 2015 Resolution

by marieteresa01 on ‎01-23-2015 01:16 PM

The past two years was about scary diagnoses, hospitalizations, and spiraling emotions. Reaching a h

... See more...

The past two years was about scary diagnoses, hospitalizations, and spiraling emotions. Reaching a healthier plateau in January, I discovered that temporarily I had lost myself in the process of good news/bad news. I confess -- I liked that old girl except now I felt like an old girl. I was motivated to dust myself off and rediscover that person. I promised to fall in love again – with myself.

Without wasting time, I made lists of favorite things such as word: joy; dessert: coffee ice cream... I asked friends for one (positive) word that might describe me. I felt invigorated when I heard loyal, funny, creative... I set out to re-examine everything from my values to the shade of lipstick I wear. How am I doing? Recently, my son said, “Mom, you sound like your old self.”

• Yoga

by js22344787 on ‎01-23-2015 10:19 AM

I have had Multiple Sclerosis since 1992 and the last 2 + years it has really become progressively d

... See more...

I have had Multiple Sclerosis since 1992 and the last 2 + years it has really become progressively disabling and extremely painful, so New years resolution was  doing daily yoga & meditation at least 2 x a week

• Appreciate

by Mydestiny77 on ‎01-16-2015 03:08 PM
    I want to STOP even if it's just for a moment each day to really look around me and appreciate the l... See more...
    I want to STOP even if it's just for a moment each day to really look around me and appreciate the littlest of things.
  • help others

by doglover52 on ‎01-14-2015 08:20 AM

Yesterday my close friend,Marcia had full knee surgery. A week ago,I told her&hubby Dave I would lik

... See more...

Yesterday my close friend,Marcia had full knee surgery. A week ago,I told her&hubby Dave I would like to come&sit with him in the waiting room,keep him company until Marcia was in her private room,they profusely thanked me. I knew what the routine would be because 11 yrs ago, I had partial knee surgery. In my situation,my co-workers took care of me {I used to work in a hosptial}.

Marcia&Dave&their sons are my 'extended family members' since my siblings live out of town. The past couple of yrs, Marcia&Dave have done so much for me,this is my way of giving back. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides