Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿก What Housing Plans Do You Have As YOU AGE?

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿก What Housing Plans Do You Have As YOU AGE?

Many of us would like to remain independent as we age.

But sometimes life may throw a Medical and/or Financial Challenge our way.

Do YOU have any Housing Plans in place?  ๐Ÿค”

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos

Stop by to leave a comment and/or READ comments left by OTHERS.

[1] Are you staying where you NOW living as you age?

[2] Are YOU considering "maybe" MOVING in with family as you age? Or Nursing Home?

[3] Or maybe you are one of those folks who NEVER age and see yourself maybe hopping into a RV and riding off into the sunset...

Thanks,

Nicole  โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ตโ€Œ

0 Kudos

Fingers and toes crossed my daughter will still have room for my Old Bones when I can NO LONGER live alone.

Nope, NO roommates or nursing home for me.

I could move in NOW with her, but until they take my Driver's License away - yours truly is An Independent Old Lady.  ๐Ÿ‘

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos

I was suppose to move back to Florida 100 percent in May 2023. I am living in BOTH Virginia and Florida AT THE MOMENT. Retired July 2020.

Health is good and still drive.

But when I looked into things, realized it was NOT the Florida I left in February 2015.

EXPENSIVE AND DANGEROUS!!!  โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜ฑโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ˜ฑโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ˜ฑโ€Œ

So this year 2024 at age soon to be 66 - will figure something out by the time my lease expires for my CUTE Studio Apartment here in Cave Spring, Virginia.

My only child, a daughter lives in Florida and was born there. We had BOTH moved to Virginia but she HATES Virginia, LUVS Florida.

Lol, I HATE Florida and LUV Virginia.

So, it will be a DIFFICULT decision when I can NO longer drive. NOT into Ubers or Public Transportation.

Nicole  โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ตโ€Œ

0 Kudos

I'm thinking about it!

One option to research is sharing housing. Could a housemate help you stay in your home?

@LisaS509539 , you state "you are thinking about it" - let us know your thoughts when you have decided.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP